Chapter 3

"See you when I get back Eric, stay out of trouble ok?" I whispered to the sleeping boy as I made my way back into my room. There was no sobbing or sighing. Holly lay on my bed fast asleep, a wave of relief rushed through me as I got her a blanket and placed the laptop on the floor.

Slowly I grabbed a blanket and rested my head gently against the cool blue walls of my bedroom "one hour.." I mumbled to myself as my eye lids got heavy and I eventually fell asleep.

It wasn't too long before my alarm burst out with sound and my eyes shot open, I heard a faint shout from the next room "turn that alarm off fucks sake" my mum yelled as I pressed the off button with my cheeks red from embarrassment.

Holly sat up without a word, looked up then back to the floor, she was no longer in my bed. "Why are you on the floor?" I asked in an irritated tone "I said it was your bed so I felt bad" she mumbled while stretching. I huffed and got my clothes ready "we gotta go soon" "I'll get ready then".

After we got dressed I said goodbye to my parents just to get a groan in response then kissed Eric on the head "don't leave me Ruby" he said sleepily. "You'll be at grandmas in no time" I smiled and gently shut his door.

The only thing to be heard on the way was the rolling of suitcases and the faint crunch of stones under our feet as we reached the school gates. I smiled as I saw a group of Holly's friends rush towards her looking too enthusiastic for 4am. Nobody made eye contact with me or even smiled in my direction but I didn't mind, soon I'll be away with Marie.

The best thing with having no friends on this trip was that I was basically invisible, especially since everyone was so excited so I got onto the bus first and headed to the back where nobody would sit next to me. One leg up on the seat, seatbelt fastened, cap covering my eyes and earphones in, this is the start of a long journey.