Chapter Three

"This is an amazing view." Rick said "Yeah, the sunsets are always nicer out in the country." I said "What happened to your mom, or are you not comfortable with the subject?" Rick asked "She died five minutes after my youngest sister Jessie was born." I said "I'm sorry to hear that, Elizabeth." Rick said "Rick, I feel something with you that I've never felt with anyone else. I mean, David and I-- I don't know.. he wasn't--" I paused "The one?" Rick asked "No. He was never the one." I said 'I was blushing as soon as Rick's hand softly brushed against mine, I had then lifted my head to meet his gaze, he had leaned in closer, wrapping his arm around me, I had then placed my hand on his chest, and rested my head on his muscular broad shoulders, he had then gently pressed his lips against my forehead, and looked at me, smiling. My skin felt hot, my heart was racing, he made me feel like I could fly... I was hopelessly and unconditionally in love with Rick St. John...' "Rick, I feel a deep emotional connection with you. Something I never felt with anyone before." I said "Elizabeth, you're the most beautiful woman on this earth, I couldn't picture my life without you in it. I know this may come off as a bit sudden, but I think I may be falling in love..." Rick said as the two of us inched closer to each other. "Rick..." I said softly "Elizabeth... Don't move." Rick said 'He then began brushing a strand of hair behind my ear and stroking my face lovingly, Rick had gently pulled me closer, softly kissing me. I had then unbuttoned Rick's shirt, removing it from his sweat covered body. There was something that sparked between us as we held each other as closely as we could; it was passion. I never wanted that moment to end...' "Elizabeth, what the hell are you doing?" David barked "David, what are you doing here?" I asked "What do I see but my woman sucking face with the hired help." David said "Let me get these words through that thick skull of yours, David. What we had has been over for three years. I'm over you. Take my advice and move on." I said "I won't rest until you're mine once again, Elizabeth Hawkins. We had a good thing going..." David said "Until you drunkenly beat me and left me to die on the side of the road. I'm not ever getting back together with you, let alone marry you." I said pulling away as David reaches for my hand "I see you have a decision to make.." David said 'I moved toward Rick, wrapping one arm around his waist and placing a hand on his chest..' "Goodbye, David." I said coldly "Like I said; you will be mine, Elizabeth. I shall not rest until you become Mrs. McGraw." David said, taking his leave "David doesn't know when to quit, does he?" Rick asked "He never could take a hint." I said "I can see how you can be disturbed by this, Elizabeth." Rick said "Let's not let this mishap ruin our time.." I said nestling against him "Elizabeth." Caleb called "I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, Rick." I said "Goodnight, Elizabeth." Rick said 'We had turned to both the house and the loft, turning and glancing at one another, smiling and turned in for the night. We had shared something special that night, something we vowed to never forget...'

~End of Chapter 3~