Altaïr X Reader (Modern)

Me and Altaïr drive home from the vet. Altaïr drives the car, and I look at our dog, Kadar, with pity. He looked so sad.

"He looks so sad," I tell Altaïr. Altaïr glances at me for a second. He sighs.

"Well if he didn't try to go under the fence, then maybe he wouldn't have cut himself," Altaïr tells me, "He brought that on himself,"

"But, he looks so miserable with the Cone of Shame," I tell him. Altaïr looks at me.

"The Cone of what?!" Altaïr asks. I roll my eyes.

"The Cone of Shame," I tell him. Then a realization hit me, "Have you not seen Up?"

"No, why do you ask?" He asks me. I look at him, his eyes are back on the road.

"Because it was a hilarious movie, and one of my childhood favorites," I tell him. I look back at Kadar. The poor thing whimpered, and he gave me the cutest puppy dog eyes. I was like he was asking me 'please take of this thing around my neck', "Aww, can we please take that ridicules cone off his head," I ask Altaïr while looking at Kadar.

"We can't! Unless we don't want his wound to heal," I frown, because I know he is right. If we take the cone off, Kadar is just going to lick his wound non stop. I sigh, and I look at our dog.

"Sorry, boy," I say to him. As if he was listening to me, he whimpers in response. Kadar has his head hung low. I reach over and I pet his brown fur. Then I start to talk to Kadar like he is a baby. Well he is mine and Altaïr's baby, "I know, you do not like the Cone of Shame," Kadar licks my hand.

A little while later, Altaïr pulls into the driveway of our home. It was a small home, with two bedrooms, a small kitchen and living room. But all the while it was perfect for us.

Both me and Altaïr get out of the car. Altaïr opens the back door and he lets Kadar out of the car. Altaïr grabs Kadar's leash. We walk to the front door and Altaïr hands me the keys and I unlock the door.

We walk inside with our dog. I close the front door, and Altaïr unhooked the leash off of Kadar's collar. Kadar then runs to the couch and lies down on it. Altaïr sits down on the couch next to our Flat Coated Retriever. He looks at our dog, and sighs. Little Kadar looks up at Altaïr with a sad look on his face.

"Oh, God now I feel horrible," Altaïr says, he looks at me. I sit next to him. Altaïr puts an arm around me. I look up at him.

"Now can we take the cone off?" I ask him. Late looks at me.

"No, it's for his own good," Altaïr tells me, "Even though it looks like there is a giant bowl on his head," I laugh, Altaïr kisses my forehead,
"Now about that movie I was talking about?" I look at him.

"What movie?" He asks. I roll my eyes.

"Up, I kind of want to watch it now," I tell him. Altaïr shakes his head.

"No, it's a kids movie," Altaïr says.

"What's that saying?" I ask more to myself, "Ah yes, your never too old to watch a Disney movie or a Pixar movie," Altaïr looks at me.

"Your not going to leave me alone until I give, are you?" Altaïr asks me. I put a hand over my heart.

"Ahhhhh, Altaïr, you know me so well," I say. Altaïr sighs.

"Okay, we can watch it," Altaïr gives in, "But after this movie, were going to watch my favorite movie,"

"And what would that be?" I ask him.

"Saw," Altaïr tells me. My eyes widen.

Shit!