13

Feel free to listen and replay as you read!

Don't Play -Halsey

*imagine Tom Harlock as tommy*

"And then he asked if I wanted to hang out sometime!" I shot excitedly, awaiting Tommy's reaction.

Harry informed me he had business to attend to at his office and would be gone for a few hours so I found myself walking to the coffee shop where Tommy worked. Harry's place was closer anyhow and he never gave me any instruction as to what to do.

"Well looks like I've raised a little slut on my hands." Tommy parted his mouth with a smirk. That was his way of telling me he's proud.

I smiled ravishingly and gasped. "I am not a slut!" I defended.

"First this Henry guy and now Lucas? I don't know, Addie, you're breezing the block pretty quickly."

"Its Harry. And shut up, this is the first time anyone's ever looked at me." I admitted, blushing profusely.

I enjoyed Tommy and I's conversations. It wasn't a conventional friendship where we'd have sleepovers and pillow fights but who needs one of those when I have someone I trust and have many laughs with? Trusting enough that he pretends not to know me when my mother and I walk in since she'd be livid if she knew Id been here alone, trusting enough that when he mentioned he might have a boyfriend, I kept my lips locked when his parents visited, trusting enough that he wouldn't tell a soul about Harry and I.

Even if I did tell him Harry was nineteen instead of twenty-three.

The small coffee shop was empty per usual. After all, it was 5pm on a Saturday and happy hour at the local Starbucks was still going.

"All i'm saying is don't get yourself wrapped up in all this mess. You're too young and cute to be hot 'n bothered." Tommy lectured while wiping down the counter top with a wet white rag.

I sat on the stool watching. "Thomas, I know you're not hitting on me." I gave him a knowing smirk. We both broke into laughter at the thought and I sipped my coffee.

Top hits radio played softly throughout the quaint little shop as I watched on-goers through the window. I loved everything about this place, it was somewhere I felt home when home wasn't always the best place to be. I loved the dark cherry wood that outlined every window, the scratches in the bar counter from years past, the old rusted bell above the door that would ring any time someone entered. There was an old black metal coat and hat rack that always went unused.

I sat wondering when people stopped using those things.

It was now silent, in between the continuous hum of songs playing from the ceiling.

"You doing alright, Tommy?" I asked quietly. I had to really check up on him once in a while. Sometimes he would get in these moods of self deprivation and practically shut down completely. Something he never likes to talk about but I always had my ideas about why. He came here for a reason, didn't he?

Tommy nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'm doing alright. Thanks, Addie."

I nodded though he couldn't see.

"Positive?"

Tommy stopped wiping the counter and looked up at me with a sassy smirk. "Adeline, you know I cant keep my mouth shut for more than 2 seconds. If there was anything, I would've coughed it up right as you walked through that door." He admitted, pointing back to the entry door.