18

getting close to 100 comments on this book, thank you guys so much!!

Please read the authors note before this!! It might be confusing but long story short, the book's setting is now in November instead of September. Comment if you have q and ill answer them!!

Feel free to listen and replay as you read!

Marceline -Willow Smith

"Why didn't you let me in when I knocked the first time?"

"I didn't know it was you. I thought it could have been a sales person..or someone dangerous. You know, there are a lot of weird people out there and I am a lone 18 yea-"

"17"

"Close enough." I scoffed at him, throwing my attitude in hopes he caught it.

Harry arrived a few minutes ago, after James and the church called. We were currently sat in the family room, well, I sat and he stood next to the couch. I made sure that the book and rose petals were tucked away under my mattress just incase Harry or anyone else for that matter came in the house.

"What do you have to read for school?" He questioned, leaning to take a seat next to me.

"Hm?"

"Your english class next semester- you said you had books to read." He scooted closer to me, our knees touching while his hand creeped closer to my leg.

"Oh! Um Catcher and the Rye." I lied, swallowing hard and hoping he believed me. I sighed in relief when he nodded his head.

"Thats a good one! Are you enjoying it?" He smiled intently while my hands played with themselves.

"I-um. I haven't started reading it yet. Just got it today."

"Well I would definitely recommend it. You'll need it for your studies anyway." When we spoke like this I couldn't help but wonder how we'd gotten this far. He seemed so caring towards me and what Im doing though anytime its something he doesn't like, Im put in jeopardy. "Come here." He ordered sympathetically, patting his lap.

I hesitated a small bit, surprisingly not as trust as I had been. "I-I don't-"

"Here." He suddenly placed his hands under my arms and lifted me, settling me on his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist, leaning my back against his chest and lightly hugging me. My feet dangled by his calfs and my head lay on his collarbone.

"Adeline, I know Ive been quite hard on you but you've got to know its only because I want you to be mine. You're beautiful in every way, my darling. Daddy's been working a little too hard to tell you that lately."

His words made me melt, relaxing myself into his warm and comforting arms. Times like this I love. Times like this I wish I could capture in a jar and play them back whenever Im sad.

"Thank you, daddy." The title still felt tangy in my mouth but I would sacrifice the half second of sound for his happiness, even if it doesn't include mine as well. I shivered the slightest and wondered as to why I didn't put on tights this morning. I stared down at the both of us, acknowledging Harry's large hands on my stomach, resting there as if they belonged. "Why did you sign me up for the lessons?" I broke the silence.

"I thought you'd get to enjoy them. We'll have fun together. They start Monday after school." He spoke lowly in my ear, his words creating a low rumble and hot breath. He kissed my cheek quickly before letting out at unmanly, and possibly the cutest, giggle I've ever heard. I laughed as well, at him of course.