24

PROBABLY GOING TO EDIT THIS LATER I HATE THIS UPDATE

Feel free to listen and repay as you read!

A Danger Boy Never Dies -Danger Incorporated

"James, I'm not doing that!" I laughed into the couch cushion and wiped the tears from my face. I had laughed so hard previously that I was reduced to tears.

"You have to! That's what the card says!" James argued, referring to the game of truth or dare we were playing with my mother.

"No way! I can't ding dong ditch our neighbors! Mr. Notch is crazy!" I argued. Hell would freeze over before I'd knock on Mr. Notch's door. He was this vile, disgusting old man who would spit on anyone who'd come near his precious grass. My soccer ball had rolled in his lawn when I was 7 and the moment I tried to retrieve it, he came at me with a rake. A rake.

"Fine, fine. Maybe that was a little too risky? Anyway."

"Yeah." I scoffed, grabbing my phone from the coffee table. I peeked at the notifications on my screen discretely before putting it back face down again. Nothing from Harry.

My thoughts from his call today could only portray confusion. I wasn't nearly as informed as I'd like to be and Harry prevents me from getting further. With good reason of course, though I know he's hiding something. Sometimes I find myself slipping, to the point where milliseconds of uncaring nature for his secrets crosses my mind. I quickly revert back, however. My loss of affection for a man figure in my childhood was the only reason I showed care for this man.

I knew that wasn't true. But I played along fighting with myself.

I thought about asking him. Waiting for a quiet moment to just come clean and ask him who Elouise was. Of course that thought was over in a matter of seconds. Harry loved playing games too much. Surely he'd deny it, or tell me something that's isn't true at all.

After the harmless game of truth or dare, my mother and James went their separate way outside on the porch, leaving me to do what I pleased in the house. And what I pleased was to play detective in the grand scheme of Harry.

I raced up to my room, yanking my overnight bag from under my bed and nearly tearing the packet of papers. My trembling hands held a vital piece of information as to who Harry was and what he was hiding.

However much I'd prepared myself for what was to come in these last few hours wasn't enough.

My eyes scanned the coffee stained papers, recognizing the psychiatric care facility.

Patient name: Elouise Nortom
Date of birth: 12/31/1998

My birthday. The day I was born yet 2 years earlier and of the belonging of someone else. I shivered, feeling a pit in my stomach. My eyes traveled to the rest of the paper in curiosity.

Sex: F
Date of referral: 1/1/2014
Reason for referral: Displayed signs of violent outbreaks, uncontrollable anger, manic episodes of depression, attachment disorder, and psychotic trauma disorder(s)
Date of admission: 1/1/2014
Mode of admission: Forced certified

My breath hitched with each line read off. From insurance coverages to amount of restraints needed, I read through it all. Oxygen seemed to be lacking in my lungs as o struggled for breath. My insides crumbled with each word of torture of absolute loneliness. Sympathy for a person I'd never met and an ache in my heart for the troubles she faces. I flipped through the heavily inked packet, finding no evidence of a picture nor date of discharge. She was still there.

Reading and taking the time to feel all of the symptoms of panic, I set down the packet. Forwards and backwards I'd read it. Enough times for my mother to come and check on me because I'd been so quiet. Of course, telling her I was fine made her leave my be once again.

Distraught and upset over the horrid things I'd read, I shoved the packet into my nightstand drawer before surrendering myself to sleep. Without another tear shed, I dreamt about the man haunting my fears and dancing in my sunshine.

___________________________

Hey you guys!! Sorry about my lack of updates I've just had ENORMOUS writers block. I know what I want to do with this story and where i want it to go but it's just so hard writing it to get there! Ugh.

I honestly hate this update. I hate updating something in which I know it isn't my best work. And this isn't so I'm so so so sorry

I'd like to say thank you sooo much for your overwhelming support on my last two messages. You guys have been so sweet and kind and I love each and every one of you. Truly, thank you.

Again: updating may be hard because I've started my new semester and I have some pretty work- bearing classes that leave me so tired all the time. I'm going to try my best!!

Love u!!
xx, Haley