Ukai Keishin x SingleMommy! Reader

Ukai looked at the boys as they made a ruckus and sloppily ate in the store. He clicked his tongue and shouted.

"Keep it down and stop being messy!" Nishinoya looked back and grinned.

"You're so cranky!" Ukai grumbled, lighting his cigarette. As the door chimed, he looked at the entrance and said his usual greeting.

"Hello and welcome to..." His sentence died down as he laid his eyes on you. Your cheeks were light pink cause of the chill outside and your hair was tied up in a messy ponytail. Your loose hairs flowed cutely alongside your face and it just made you look like a cute mess. You looked at the blonde stranger and blushed. You thought he was rather... Hot. He stared at you for a long time. Dazed from your beauty, but! You had a mission. Find your sons favorite chips. You walked to the counter and stared down shyly. From behind, a nosey Nishinoya shoved a clueless Tanaka for him to see what was happening. The two smirked and stared.

"H-Hello... I'm sorry to bother you but.. Um.." You coughed and backed up a little bit. He jumped in realization and immediately put his cigarette out.

"I apologize!" You gave a small smile and continued.

"Do you have those chips that are shaped like dinosaurs?" He pointed at the rack of chips with various flavors. You thanked him and scanned the rack. If only you remembered which flavor your son wanted...

Nishinoya and Tanaka lead the team to the counter where their coach was and smirked.

"She's very beautiful, coach."
"Yeah... H-Hey, get out ! Don't ruin this!"
"Ruin?" Tanaka said with mischievous eyes. They played cool as you approached the counter with multiple bags of dinosaur chips.

"Oh, I'm sorry... Are you hiring by any chance?" Ukai looked around and frowned.

"I'm sorry, no positions..." You smiled.

"Its quite alright. I just wanted something on the side is all... I just moved here."
"Oh yeah? Where from?"
"(Random Town Name). Everything was really clustered and next to each other . Over here though, its quite the walk from my house."
"Oh... You're the one who brought that house with the rose bushes in front?"
"Y-Yes. That's mine now. I live there with my son." Ukai felt his heart sank a bit. Not cause you had a son but, usually when a girl had a son, she has a husband.

"Oh. So, how olds your son? If you don't mind me asking..."
"He's six. Loves these darn things. I blame my father though. When he used to babysit when I was at work, he'd spoil my son rotten." Ukai chuckled and couldn't help but notice you had yet to mention a boyfriend or a husband. Deep down, he was itching to ask but best it wasn't mentioned.

"Your husband is one lucky man to have a hard working wife like yourself." Nishinoya budded in. You gave a confused look as Ukai glared at him.

"Uh, forgive us for budding in..." Tanaka started.
"He's our coach."
"Oh! A coach! How fun! May I ask what you coach?!" You asked enthusiastically. Ukai blushed and looked at Nishinoya and Tanaka, who gave him a 'answer her now' look. He looked at you and grinned.

"Boys volleyball team at Karasuno Highschool." You gave a small clap and giggled excitedly.

"My son loves volleyball!!! May I ask... When's your next game?" He blushed wildly and had a brain fart.

"Uh, we don't have a game for a while, but we do have a practice match this Saturday with another highschool." Suga said, saving Ukai from stuttering embarrassment. You squeaked and looked at Ukai with pleading eyes.

"May I please bring my son?! He would absolutely LOVE to watch. He's never seen anybody play before. Only on television." Ukai couldn't say no even if he wanted to.

"That's perfectly fine by us." Daichi answered. You bowed thankfully and gave the sweetest smile.

"I appreciate it so much, um... Forgive me. My names (L/N) (F/N)."
"O-Oh! Ukai Keishin..."
"Well Ukai... Here ya go. I'll see you Saturday!" You put the money on the counter as you placed the snacks in your grocery tote. He waved slowly and saddened cause you had to leave. Your reassuring smile made his heart beat fast. As soon as you left, Nishinoya and Tanaka chuckled childishly as Suga and Daichi smiled.

"Seems like you have a crush~" Tanaka said mockingly. Ukai scoffed and lit his cigarette again.

"Mind your own business!" He shouted, followed by a small thankful smirk.

~

Nekoma already arrived and they were warming up. Ukai was getting nervous. Where were you? Were you not gonna show up? Did he scare you off? Did the guys scare you off?! He glared at Nishinoya and Tanaka for a moment until he heard your beautiful voice sing his name. He turned and saw you walking gracefully with a young boy holding your hand.

"I'm so sorry I am late. I totally forgot to ask where the school was! Thank goodness you told me the name. I had to ask about 8 strangers for directions."
"O-Oh, its alright. The game hasn't started yet... Hey little guy." Ukai said looking at your son. He gave a toothy grin as he looked up at Ukai.

"Hello! I am (C/N)! I am six years old!" Ukai chuckled .

"Lively."
"Mhm."
"Mommy! Can I meet the players!"
"Oh sweetie... They're busy. They're gonna start soon."
"We have a few minutes." Ukai called the team over and smirked.

"Guys, this little guy is (F/N)'s son, (C/N). He wanted to meet you guys." Your son hid behind Ukai and stared up at the team. Suga smiled and crouched down.

"Hello there. I heard you liked volleyball too." Your son nodded shyly. Nishinoya flexed and grinned.
"You ready to watch us play?" Your son nodded again . Tanaka bent down and chuckled.

"Don't be so shy. When you're on a volleyball team , you gotta be fierce! Be loud!"
"Yeah! Hype everyone up!" Hinata added.

"We're like the blood in our veins. We must flow without stopping. Keep the oxygen moving and your mind working." Your son heard from afar. His eyes sparkled as he ran to the very tall black haired captain. He looked down and stared at the boy. Your son grinned widely.

"That was awesome! I wish I was as cool as you! I wanna play with the big boys one day!" Tanaka, Nishinoya, Hinata, Daichi and Suga cried in the corner as you giggled nervously.

"I apologize. He gets so distracted." Ukai laughed and looked at you.

"Does your husband mind you being here?"
"Hm? I am a single mother." Butterflies invaded his stomach, causing a blush to form.

"Oh... Well... In that case... I wanted to know if you'd like to go out to dinner with me... Tonight..." You froze as your face turned red.

"I... Um... S-Sure!" You squeaked out. He chuckled and smiled.

"Alright... Its a date."