Chapter 14

Alex's P.O.V

I woke up too early. Nathalia is still sleeping beside me. I remembered Harry's words.

I don't want to put Nathalia in trouble. She had enough problems encounteted in her life it's best if she doesn't have a part of my life problems.

I wrote a note to her so that she could read this if ever she looks for me.

I stood up and left a kiss on her forehead.

My sweet angel.

I went out and looked for Harry.

"Harry?" I called out.

"I'm at the bar!" He yelled.

I walked in to the bar and saw Harry with a glass on his hand.

"Isn't that a bit early?" I asked.

"It's not. Did you forget what day it is?" Harry asked.

What is it today? The January 13th?

Harry's sister...She died this day.

"Your sister's death anniversary..." I said softly as I pity Harry.

He had always blamed himself for what happened to his sister.

I knew Harry ever since we were kids. He knew that my family was in some kind of bad business but that didn't stop him from being friends with me.

He was once also doing some drugs. Unfortunately a group unknown went into their house. In a moment that was least expected.

Harry was a bit high that monent. His sister was sound asleep. Men went in their house and assaulted Harry.

He had a black eye, a lot of bruises and a broken rib when I took him to the hospital. Sadly his sister...

His sister was raped by the men and was shot in the head...

Harry never spoke to anyone for a month. There are just moments that tears will fall from his eyes whenever something reminds him of his sister.

A piece of Harry was gone with the death of his sister.

Knowing this... I don't want this thing to happen to me.

So I always keep my distance so that I couldn't get hurt at the same time no one would be at the risk of getting hurt because of me.

"It's all my fault...I should've been there to protect her. But what?!? I was f*cking high!!!" He said as he threw his glass into the wall.

The glass shattered into pieces and was scattered everywhere.

"I'm f*cking useless. A piece of good for nothing sh*t!!!" Harry yelled.

"Harry that's enough." I said calmly to him.

"Alex. I'm the worst brother ever." He said laughing laced with bitterness.

"That's not true Harry. Even if you were sober you were still clearly,outnumbered." I said to him.

"Still I was f*cking high. I couldn't do anything. Maybe if I wasn't I could've done anything." He sobbed.

I looked at him with sympathy.

"I should've been there...I should have." Harry said sobbing.

Harry dozed off probably with the amount of alcohol that he had drunk. I helped him up and helped him get into his room.

In the table beside his bed. I saw a picture of him and his sister. They were both smiling broadly at the camera.

"It's better to lose her partially, than to lose her completely." Harry mumbled.