Chapter 28

Liam's P.O.V

"I couldn't keep it anymore. I told her the truth. All of it." I told them.

"You what?!" They all shouted.

"She deserves the truth. She's been lied to for too long. It was time to let her know who she really is." I stated.

"Where is she?" Aliahna asked.

"She's in the study room." I answered.

"Should I go to her?" She asked.

"No I think it would be better if she had some time alone right now." I stated.

"How did she take it?" Grego asked.

"Better than we've imagined." I answered.

"At least she now knows the truth." Rocco stated.

"Yes that is true. Although I understand that she may take a while before trusting us too." Grego said.

"Why?" Rocco asked.

"Haven't you heard?" Grego asked.

"About what?" Rocco said as he scooted closer to Grego.

"Athelia or Nathalia got adopted when she was just 12 years old and a guy named Bruno who adopted her turns out to be abusive plus he has a son who tried to rape her." Grego stated.

"Whaaat? Why didn't she report it to the local authorities?" Rocco asked.

"She did. She tried but she just got a ton of lashes after that. They made the police believed that she was just rebellious." Grego said.

"Then why didn't she just run away?" I asked.

"If she did, where else would she go?" Grego stated looking at us.

How could they do that in just a child? That man has a lot of issues. I wonder what happened making her under Alex's care.

"Well how did she ended up under Alex's hand?" I asked.

"That's a good question bro. What happened Grego?" Rocco asked.

"Hmmm I'm not sure on that part. You know that the Mafia world is a bit secretive at its businesses." Grego answered.

Hmmm what really did happen?

"Well the important thing is that she is here safe with us and she'd still have us no matter what. It'll all be alright in a matter of time." Aliahna stated as she held Grego's hand.

"That's right!" Rocco agreed.

"Hold on I'll check on her." I stated.

I walked to the study room and gently knocked on the door.

"Nathalia? Are you okay?" I stated as I waited for a response from her.

Once again I gently gave the door a gentle knock.

"Nathalia? Can I come in?" I stated.

Still there was no reply.

I decided to come in to check on her. I slowly turned the knob and opened the door. I let my eyes roam around the room trying to find any sign of her.

She wasn't in here. Where could she be?
Did she ran away again?

I immediately ran to the living room to tell them.

"Hey what's wrong?" Rocco asked.

"Nathalia wasn't in the study. Help me find her." I stated catching my breath.