CHAPTER 27

Nathalia's P.O.V

"Happy Birthday!" Aliahna greeted as she took me in for a hug.

"Buon compleanno bella!" Rocco greeted as he hugged me.

"Happy Birthday Nathalia!" Grego greeted.

"Thank you." I said and offered them a smile.

"Well I got pizza to celebrate her birthday." Liam stated.

"Wait how old are you?" Rocco asked.

"I'm 18." I replied.

"You are young Bella!" Rocco stated.

"You're just old." Aliahna stated as he laughed at Rocco's reaction.

I couldn't help but laugh with them. I felt safe with them yet I felt scared because I had the same kind of feeling when I was with Alex.

I couldn't risk being lied to again.

I felt someone tapped my shoulder.

"Happy Birthday Fiore." Liam stated as he offered me a small smile.

"Thank you" I said as I smiled back at him.

"Here. Eat and enjoy." He said as he gave a piece of pizza in a plate.

We both sat down in a table and talked.

"I think I've already seen you from before but I couldn't remember where." I stated.

"Hmmm I'm not sure. Although I do have a unique face so that must have been me." He answered as both of our gazes met we bursed out into laughter.

"Thank you for doing this. I have trust issues due to my past so if I be a little off sometimes at least you'll know why."

He became silent and a tad serious.

"Hey you okay?" I asked.

"Oh yes. Yeah I'm fine. After this can we go talk in my room?" He asked.

"Uhmm sure?"

With that he slowly stood up and walked to his room. I just kept on following him till we reached a wooden oak door.

He slowly opened the oak door and it lead to a spacious office.

It had lots of bookshelves and A portrait of a family in the middle of the wall.

Odd they look familiar.

"Have a seat." Liam stated as he pointed at the couch near me.

"What do you want to tell me?" I asked.

He looked serious and contemplating.

"You see 8 years ago an accident happened. There was a car accident that lead to the death of that family." Liam said as he pointed the picture of the family portrait hanging on the wall.

I intensely stared at the portrait as he spoke.

"But it turns out that little girl right there was alive." He added.

"And? Why do I need to know about them?" I asked.

"Because that little girl is you." He stated.

"But I don't understand. Why can't I remember them?" I stated.

"That's what I can't understand either."

"How can you be sure that I'm that little girl?" I asked.

"We've been looking for you for 5 years now." He said.

"We've been checking all the possible locations that you may be in. The orphanage some shelter. But there weren't any Athelia De Rossi found."

"You mean my name isn't really Nathalia Hendrickson?" I asked confused of all the things I'm learning right now.

"No it isn't. Here look at these." He stated as he gave a photo album and a bunch of documents.

I read the documents and saw a picture it was a picture of the girl which was me on the lap of her father.

"That's your father. Ethan De Rossi, he's known as a dealer for Mafia groups. He held biddings for guns. But don't worry he wasn't involved in too much illegal since your mother didn't wanted it." He said.

"What's the name of my mother?" I asked looking at him.

"Her name is Nathalia De Rossi." He stated pointing at the lady who was holding my hand.

"We've checked every shelter for you. But they couldn't find any child named Athelia De Rossi. Now it all makes sense." He stated.

"I don't understand. What happened?" I asked.

"Well. You see. I don't know how to exactly put this into words without causing much damage but your parents were planned to be killed. All of you were. Luckily you survived the crash." He said.

"Planned?" I asked.

"Yes. You see before the car accident something else happened. Your father had a very close friend his name was Alexander and he was in the Mafia business too. He ran tons of illegal trades and establishments." He stated as he flipped the photo album and pointed at a picture of two men in suits smiling while holding a mug of beer.

"Alexander was known to be a notorious mafia man. He always wants to get ahead of others. Always want to be on top of each and everyone. Knowing that your father was a dealer of guns. Finest guns to be exact. He wanted to deal these guns with a bunch of filthy rich goons. You're father immediately politely declined his offer but Alexander told him that it would bring him great fortune if they did that." He said.

"Without your mother knowing they dealt guns to people that have murdered or robbed innocent individuals. Although one day your mother overheard your father's conversation with Alexander on the phone. Your mother was furious when she knew what they had done behind her back. She threatened to take you and leave if he didn't stop what he was doing at once." Liam stated as he flipped the page.

"Your father loved you and your mother to death so immediately he asked for forgiveness and talked with Alexander. Alexander told your father that it would be too late to back out now. But your father insisted that if they didn't back out now they would be in greater risk. Alexander agreed although little did your father know. That Alexander talked to some of your father's workers and paid them to slip out some of the guns so he could sell them without your father knowing."

"Before your father knew it was already too late. A shipment of counterfeit guns was sent and the payment of the client was taken by his workers. The investors were furious when they found out the guns were defective that's why Alexander's wife was killed."

"Alexander grieved for the loss of his wife although the wrong thing about him was he blamed your family for the loss of his wife. He vowed to have his revenge on your family that's why he plotted your family's death."

"It was planned by Alexander Crusoé."

It seems like I've turned deaf and I heard nothing but silence after hearing his words. Crusoé...

I didn't know what to feel hurt? Betrayed? Anger?

"I'm not sure if you remember but you we're pretty close when you we're young with their son, Alex." He stated as he flipped the photo album.

The picture was the same as the one that I saw in Alex's study.

So all this time he knew? He knew what was my true identity? He knew that I was his father's rival's daughter?

How could he? I felt a pang in my chest.

"I-i need s-some time alone please." I stated.

He just looked at me with sadness in his eyes and slowly nodded.

"I'll be right outside if you need me." He stated as he left and I heard the door lock.

Tears then started to fall. I just let it all out. His father killed both of my parents for nothing.

He played me.