[ 4 ]

four ; park minji

"i can't believe it," i whisper to myself as a tear falls down my cheek. "i can't fucking believe this."

i sniffle, wiping my face before a grab my phone and message my best friend.

me:
he admitted that he's cheating
on me

me:
im just so fucking done

rin rin:
wat who

me:
jiwoon who else

rin rin:
awh ji... that's horrible

me:
i dont know what to do anymore

me:
can you come over pls ?

rin rin:
im sorry im busy

me:
wyd ??

rin rin:
running some errands

me:
since when do you run errands
who are you

rin rin:
well i am now okay let
me be

me:
wtf okay then

me:
just come over whenever
you can pls hyerin

me:
i need comfort

rin rin:
okay, give me like 30 minutes
im almost done

me:
okok

i click the home button on my phone before clicking on instagram. i scroll through my dms and click on the most recent conversation i actually replied to. i re-read me and chaewon's messages just to get the slightest sound of a chuckle out of me, but nothing. i sigh loudly, tossing my phone on my bed. who the hell admits that their cheating on their girlfriend of almost two years? well, obviously this dickhead.

about half an hour later, the doorbell rings. i get up and walk to the door, opening it for hyerin. she sees me hurt and gives me a tight hug as she sighed.

"i'm sorry, ji." hyerin spoke, her voice just above a whisper.

i chuckled, "don't apologize, you did nothing wrong."

"i know, but still." she replies, pulling away and pinching my cheek.

"ouch, what was that for?" i ask, annoyed. "i hate when you do that."

hyerin just winks and sticks her tongue out. suddenly, her phone rings and i catch a glimpse of the caller id.

"i gotta take this." she says, tapping the green button and putting the phone up to her ear. "hey! i'm good, how are you? nothing, i'm just with a friend right now. i mean, i guess i can come over. yeah, i'll see you in a bit." hyerin ends the call with a smile on her face, but it quickly fades once her eyes land on me.

"where are you going? you just got here." i ask, curious if she is going to lie to me or not.

"a friend needed me to tutor him for calculus, but i will be back, ji." hyerin gives a small smile, hugging me once more as her phone vibrated against her hand and my back.

once again, i catch a glimpse of the contact name.

jiwoon 

she shoves her phone into her pocket and unlocks the front door.

"wait," i stop her, blocking the entrance with my arm. "are you the girl jiwoon is cheating on me with?"

hyerin's eyes widen in shock, "no! why would i ever do that to you?"

"then who were you on the phone with five minutes ago, huh? who's house are you going to right now?" i reply, sadness, anger, and disappointment building up in me, but even more this time. "who is it, hyerin?"

hyerin sighs, putting her hands up in defeat, "fine, you caught me."

i scoff, tears forming in my eyes, "get out."

she nods, exiting the front door as i lock the door behind her.

i go to my room and silently cry as i lay in my bed, wishing i had even one loyal friend in my life.

but, maybe i do.

i grab my phone and click on instgaram, tapping on the dm i'm relying on to help me.

daelighted:
chaewon, i need someone
to talk to

//
hiya sorry chen wasnt in this chapter but he will be in the next !!

-sami