Prologue : The Invitation

Prologue

I, Victoria Rosie, had never thought that one invitation could ever change my life so much. How could one person whom I've never met before could be the love of my life?

If you ask me a month ago, I would also probably won't believe you.

It felt just like yesterday when I opened my mail box and received the invitation to the annual marriage game. It was actually a tradition that was held probably when my great great great grandparents were still a teenager. I can't believe that it still happened until now.

My dad and mom met when they were picked to be a couple for this annual game, dated and got married. My mom told me that when she first saw dad, she thought that he was the most handsome creature on Earth. She even told me that he was sweetest guy that every girl would ever wanted. It was like every happy endings that every girl dream of, but unfortuately it was different with my case.

Faith decided me to be paired up with the most irritating and infuriating guy that I have ever met. I can't stand it even if looking at his face for a second. His action, his god-damn smirk and his flirting ways towards girls, for no reasons, it makes me mad. Don't get me wrong. I am not jealous or so, but it just annoys me that it could make me crazy. I admit that he is good-looking and a hottie but that's all. Most of the impression that I have towards him, is annoyance.

I never dream of staying in the same house with a stranger that I have never met before in my life. I never want to. I told my mom that I don't want to join the game but she kept telling me that it is a tradition that the lucky ones are going to be picked and be a couple for a month.

HOW WAS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE LUCKY?

This isn't luck. How if my fake husband wanna be is a bad guy? or if he is a jerk or a geek? I don't want to be spending my precious 30 days if it ends up this way but who does? I bet no one.

Right now I am just staring at the piece of card that is written like this:

Dear Victoria Rosie,

CONGRATULATIONS! You've been invited as the lucky girl to be the bride in the ANNUAL MARRIAGE GAME. You will need to pack your clothes and things that you need to bring for 30 days. We will send a van tomorrow morning, 8.30 am and you are required to be on time.

We hope that you have a pleasant day.

Sincerely,

The head commitee of the Annual Marriage Game.

It doesn't matter how many times I reread this card, it still written the same thing. I close my eyes and count to 10, then open it again and the "DEAR VICTORIA ROSIE" won't change.

I sighed and teared the cards into pieces and threw it into the bin. I went up to my room and start packing up my things. I just packed everything. My clothes, my make ups, inner wear, my favourite all time story books, shoes and things that you will packed when you are going to move in for 30 days.

"TORI!" My mother shouted.

"WHAT?" I snapped

"WATCH YOUR TONE YOUNG LADY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP THERE ANYWAYS?"

"PACKING THE GOD DAMN ANNUAL THING FOR TOMORROW." I unconciously snapped.

"CAN YOU PLEASE SPEAK POLITELY TO ME? DO YOU WANT ME TO COME UP?" My mother tone was rising.

I sighed and went out to see downstairs and apologized, "okay, I am so sorry mom but I am packing for tomorrow and it's just, I don't like the fact that I am going to start living with a stranger for 30 days. I am going to miss this house."

My mother smiled and said, "Oh sweety, even if you have to live there for 30 days, you can still visit us sometimes. We will miss you too. Now, go and packed up. Once you're done, we're going out for dinner alright?"

I nodded and smiled, "Thanks mom."

I went back to my room and start packing up. My luggage was full. It hardly can be closed.

It was already 7pm when I finished packing up my things for tomorrow, I went down and saw mom and dad in the living room, dressed well.

As soon as they heard me, mom turned around and said, "Are you done sweety?"

I nodded and said, "Let's go for dinner. I am famished."

Both of my parents laughed and stood up. My dad took the car keys and my mom was taking her purse and as for me, I am ready to go and fill this extremely grumpy tummy.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Tada! I manage to finished writing the prologue! omg! I didn't have much time lately but I am trying to continue the story! >.< Anyways, please comment below what do you think about the story! and if you have any ideas please feel free to message me :) i would love to hear it!

xoxo

-Slowlybreaking_