Chapter 6: Heartbreaker

Hugs. Kisses. Butterflies. Feelings. Heartbeat. Like. Love. Crushes.

I think it's been awhile since I've crossed out these words from my life. Since I lose my trust in being in a relationship, I've decided to live my life as a single fighter. I figured in order to protect myself from being hurt, I should distance myself with people. In this past few years, I've slowly build this wall in my heart to stop people for coming in. My once broken self was able to finally stand up and live my life for myself.

However, now I realise that my wall is starting to breakdown because of Zack. Without realising how easy it was for those walls to fall apart when I was just have a hang of it. Hating myself for wishing the time to stop. My mind was going haywire. Nothing was making sense.

As his lips was still on mine, I tried to push him away, and struggle myself from his grip, but all of my effort ends up in vain. Giving up, I decide to give in, savouring the time kissing him. His grip that was holding my wrist loosen as I place my hand on his chest. As we were still kissing, his hand trails along my arms, up to my shoulders and on the back of my head, kissing me hard. As our tongue was fighting for dominance, I can feel his lips curling upwards as he could feel that I was losing. Not wanting to lose, I bit his lips.

"Ow, what the hell Tori?" Zack looks annoyed.

I mischievously grin, "Well, that was for being an A**hole for kissing me suddenly."

Zack chuckles, "Atleast I know that you also liked it."

I want to smack his smug face so badly.

"Nope. Sorry to break it to you, but I had better" I shrugged.

"Keep denying babe, I'll keep the fact that you did like it to myself." He winked.

"God, help me. Stop being so annoying." Putting my hands together as if I was praying.

"Beg me honey. I like to see you beg for it." He smirked.

Can't deal with his irritating comeback, I kick him out of my bed, but only to miss my targetted spot.

"Naughty kitten. You know that won't work." He moved above me, holding his arms a support.

Looking at his teases and jokes, I knew he is a hardcore playboy. Honestly, I'm tired of trying to open my heart and only to have it break again if things goes wrong. My mom often told me to forgive, forget and move on with my life, truthfully, I would loved too, if it was easy as it says. However, in life, this goes unexpectedly. Sometimes, some things are not meant to be together. Maybe that'd be the case for me and Zack (well, knowing how Zack is).

"Get off of me." I demanded.

"Try me." He teased.

"Zack, I'm really not in the mood to play with your games." I pushed him with all my strength but seems like it doesn't really worked.

"Why are you so cold to me?" Zack furrowed his eyebrows.

"I..I just can't tell you. Now get off, before I.."

"Before you what?" He questioned.

"Oh you don't really want that to happen." I smirked in victory.

Understood what I meant, Zack got back up and walk out the door, leaving the door slightly opened. I took a deep breath and close my eyes, wishing I could be honest with him. I don't know if I could ever be honest with him. I know Zack is not a total jerk, and he and Eric are two different people. It is unfair for me to judge based on his personality. However, I'm just taking precautions. I know I'm selfish. Gathering my thoughts, I slowly fall asleep and doze off.

Few hours later...

It was almost 6pm when I woke up from my nap. As soon as I woke up, I sit on my bed, I was covered with my blanket.

Weird enough, since I remembered fell asleep without any covers on me.

It was pitch dark, only to have the moonlight brighten my room. There wasn't any light from outside of my room either. Getting off my bed, I walk towards the door. The whole house was quiet. There wasn't any presence of Zack. Thinking that he might went out, I walked down the stairs. There was a soft mumbling coming from the kitchen area. There were about two or three different voices. What if there's a thief? Thinking the worst case scenario, I took the closest tool beside me which is Zack's badminton racket. Walking quietly towards where the source of the sound, trying to be as careful as possible. As I got closer to the kitchen, the voices were getting clearer. I could identify that there are two men and a woman. Without further considerations, I jump out to the kitchen and show myself holding a racket.

Closing my eyes, I shouted, "I have a racket here, there's nothing you could steal here, you thieves."

Deep breath Tori, you can do it. Being a scaredy cat I am, my hand was shaking and I couldn't think at all.

I suddenly hear one of the "thieves" chuckled.

"Tori, what are you doing?" The woman questioned.

The woman's voice sounded like my mom. I opened my eyes and saw my parents and Zack sitting on the dining table.

"Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"Well, your mother and I wanted to see how independently you grow as a wife but seems like you're still as childish as ever." My father shakes his head.

Realising that I'm still holding Zack's racket, I put the racket on the kitchen stool and walk towards the dining table where my parents and Zack were sitting.

"Well since I'm your daughter, I guess you can expect this much." I took the sit beside Zack. "You should have called before you come here."

"We did, but Zack told us that our beloved daughter is being pampered too much and not caring the house chores." My mom sighed.

"Hey, I did not. Since the weather is really good today, I just went to have a quick nap. Zack was also taking his nap right?" I faced Zack and give him the hint that he should play along with me.

Zack face lit up, and I could read his face that he wasn't going to play along.

"Mrs Thomson, it is true that we did took a nap together, but I guess Tori was really tired from all the house chores that she needed more sleep, so I let her be." Zack responded.

Wow. For once he was being nice.

"Zack sweetie, If my unfilial daughter is bullying you, you can give me a call, and I'll help you out." My mom pitied him. I can't believe she would say that and the one being bullied is me.

"Oh for god's sake mom. I'm not like that right Zack?"

"Thankyou Mrs Thomson. I will keep in mind." Zack smiled.

I sighed in relief and my dad seems to have caught it, "So this is all Tori's scheme?"

I was taken aback and retorted, "What? No. Zack tell them."

Zack looked at me with his pitiful eyes and said, "Sorry Tori. I can't lie anymore."

Before I could defend myself from being accused, Zack's phone vibrates on the table. On the screen, it shows the person contact name, which might have change everything.

My Honey.