Chapter 5: Fall for you

Since that day, I've been avoiding Zack at all cost. Honestly, apart of me is scared because of what happened during my past relationship. I know that Zack is not Eric but the fact that I have been hurt before and that my trust has been shattered, makes me build a huge wall and that has been so hard. Recently, I have been having negative thoughts. What if Zack does have a girlfriend? What if he was just messing with me? What if I was being too naïve? 

A lot of "what ifs'" were running through my mind. I shake my head and slap both sides of my cheeks to forget those thoughts. Looking out the window of my bedroom, the weather was the opposite of how I was feeling at the moment. In fact, it was too good, so I decided to go out and enjoy it at our backyard. I quickly change to my favourite bathing suites and apply some sunscreen before heading out to prevent being sun burnt. 

As I was walking down the stairs, I saw Zack walking out from the kitchen. He was "shirtless", wearing his all time favourite shorts. Although I've seen Zack shirtless for many times now, I still can't get the fact that this boy have a perfect body. I think with a body like his, girls would be hovering him like crazy. I didn't realise that I was staring at him until our eyes met. 

"Staring again?" Zack smirked, raising his eyebrow.

I blushed and shrugged, "Ha! You wish."

I continue to walked down the stairs and ignore Zack, laughing his ass off, seeing how my face has turned into a giant tomato. As I took my first step to the backyard, I was welcome by the sunlight. Luckily it wasn't deadly hot, but it was a nice warm kind of day. I brought my bathing towel with me, and spread it on the grass, and lay on my stomach, while reading a novel that I bought a few months ago. The wind breeze softly which really completes the whole afternoon. 

After finishing a few chapters, my eyes were getting heavier. I put down my book and decide to took a short nap. As I was about to doze off, I heard a faint voice.

"What you doing babe?" That voice belongs to Zack.

"I'm tired, go away" I replied, annoyingly.

"Well, I don't want my 'wife' to look like a steam crab. Go inside and sleep." Zack insisted.

I shrugged, "Nah. I'm too tired. Carry me if you dare. But I'm not walking." 

Suddenly, I felt I was floating. LITERALLY, floating. I opened my eyes and and the first thing I saw was Zack's attractive face. 

"Wha.. What are you doing? Put me down." I struggled to get down from his arms.

"Do that and you'll fall flat on your ass." His voice was stern. 

"Well, thankyou for the reminder. I can walk on my own." I insisted.

"Nah. Just wrap your arms around my neck, so you won't fall." 

I snake my arms around his neck, and I could feel my arm getting warmer. I don't know if it was my heart beat or his but it was sure loud. I'm not sure, whether it was that spur of a moment, or it was just me, everything felt right. Our face was literally brushing one another. So close. In fact, it was too close. Zack's scent, was that masculine kind of cologne. I couldn't deny that I dislike it.  At that moment, I wish the time could stop. Maybe just for a little while, I wanted to have him so close to me. 

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realize he had carried me all the way to my room. 

"Alright princess, you can let go now. You're heavy." He huffed.

I jump down from his arm, and scoffed, "Jerk. That's why I told you I could walk on my own."

He put his hands up in defence, "Hey! A 'thankyou' would be nice."

"Screw off. Now, leave me alone before I kick your ass out of my room." I scowled.

I lay on my bed and cover myself with my blanket, ignoring Zack's presence in my room. Shutting my eyes to have my peaceful nap, I suddenly felt a warm body hug, from my back. 

"Wh..what do you think you're doing?" I shuttered. 

"Hush babe, let's rest. I'm tired from carrying you." Zack murmured.

"G..go back to your own room and sleep there." I command.

"Just this once." Zack's voice was getting faint.

I sighed. I swear this boy can be unpredictable at times. 

I didn't want to argue with him any longer and let him be. I shut my eyes, taking in whatever happened today. What a day. I didn't want to admit, that maybe, I was actually thrilled by the fact that we're getting closer. A few days ago, we were strangers, and now, he's my crush. Even though, it's true that I might have some feeling for him, I can't hide that I was still wary about all of this. Although I would love to  think that this 'game' isn't so bad after all, I can't help that this is going to end in a few weeks. After all, sweet time are not meant to last forever. Being too comfortable and forget the fact that I almost knew nothing about Zack, makes my worries grow more.

I shifted myself to face him. Studying his feature, he has long eyelashes and his hair were long enough that it could cover his sight. His eyebrow furrowed. Looks like he is having a nightmare. Unconsciously, my finger, touched between his furrowed eyebrows, and trail down to his sharp, high, nose, and down to his lips. His perfect lips. The lips that I wish to kiss.

Wait. What am I thinking.

Coming back to my sense, I was about to pull away my fingers, when I felt someone stop my hand from pulling away. Zack.

"Oh.. em.. I.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." I murmured.

He didn't say anything. He was staring down at me. Just staring Closing the gap between our faces, his lips, crushed mine.