Kissing

Kissing had always been an awkward area for Leonardo. Being a teenager, it was one he was foreign to and felt unsure, but tempted to explore. But he always had doubt that he would ever get to indulge in experiencing his first kiss. After all, what girl would want to kiss a giant, mutant turtle that could walk and talk like a human-being? Still, it was a thought that Leonardo reserved in the far back of his mind. A guy could dream, right?
Eventually, Leonardo's disbelief was wavered when he found himself as the only one of his brothers that had never been kissed. Seriously! April had kissed Donnie more than once (nobody could believe it) and of all people, Raphael became the first of his brothers to have a girlfriend, especially one that was an alien lizard woman. Even Mikey got a kiss from Renet! Overall, poor Leo was left in the dark when it came to having a girlfriend or experiencing a girl kissing you. The closest he ever got to having a kiss was when that deranged Wyrm smooched him on his head. That was not only gross but pretty sad. Now Leo would usually shrug off the feelings of envy and self-pity and do whatever he considered more important. He was the eldest and leader of his brothers so he had the responsibility of acting like it. However, it's very difficult to shoo away normal adolescent emotions, even when you're a mutant turtle and a skilled ninja.
Leo had his chin in his hand as sat in front of the TV re-watching one of his top ten favorite Space Heroes episodes: the one about Captain Ryan and his ill-fated love with the alien woman Celestial. Watching the star-crossed lovers embrace each other passionately reminded Leo of his ordeal over kissing. But it wasn't like there weren't any girls he liked! No way. As a matter of fact, Captain Ryan and Celestial's colorful relationship reminded Leo of his own with a certain young lady that always came to his mind when the subject of relationships and love was brought up. Unfortunately, Leo knew that he didn't have a chance with her. Never. She was far too tough, professional, and strong for that...which was actually a few of her qualities that lead to him developing a big crush on her in the first place.
Out of no where, Leo felt hands on his shoulders and a chin on the top of his head with locks of ebony hair swinging by the sides of his face. "Hey, Karai." he greeted with his gaze still directed at the screen.

"You're getting good." she said. Leo proudly smirked. "I've been practicing." he explained. Karai chuckled and sat herself next to him.
"What are you watching?"
"Space Heroes."
"Oh, that dorky show you love so much?"
"Hey! It is NOT dorky!"
"Whatever you say, Leo." she joked with a roll of her eyes. They watched the scene where Captain Ryan and Celestial shared one last kiss before she turned against him and he destroyed her once and for all until all that was left were her boots, but nostalgically taking her boots as a reminder of her. "Geez. She tries to kill him and he's still hung up on her." Karai commented. "It's not easy to just stop feeling that way towards someone. Even if they try to hurt you, you can't help but still have some feelings for them." Leo told her. She cocked her eyebrow. "You seem pretty wise on the subject of complex love, Leo." she pointed out. Leo's cheeked turned rosy at the comment. He turned back to the screen. Even though he couldn't see her, he could still feel her eyes on him. "Did you ever kiss a girl?" she asked.
It was a major relief that Leo didn't make any popcorn before he watched the show, otherwise he would be choking to death on a piece at that second.
He stared at her in disbelief with a hint of embarrassment apparent in his expression. "Uhh...I-I-I, uhm....err..." he stumbled on his words. Karai was waiting for his answer. "Honestly...n-no. Not ever." he finally muttered. Karai shifted herself to be sitting on her knees so she could face him completely with her arms crossed over her chest. She leaned in close to him. "Do you want to?" she asked him. Leo's eyes went wide. "...why do you ask?" he said. She smiled devilishly at him. "Just curious." she replied. Leo turned back to the screen again, until he a nudge at his shoulder. He turned back to face her and the next thing he knew, Karai's face swiftly pressed itself against his til their lips were touching. Leo's face burned, his eyes were bugling out, and his heart was pounding so hard he could have sworn it was close to bursting right out of his chest. This was so much different than he dreamed of it being. Not only because it was unexpected but also because it felt fan-freaking-tastic.
Karai's lips were so tender and cozy warm. It was like sipping hot chocolate. Instead of tasting chocolate, however, Leonardo tasted sweet cherries on his lips. After a few moments, Karai pulled away. She smiled while Leonardo stared at her with a dazed and shocked look. "How was that?" she laughed. Leo gulped before he stuttered out, "I-It was, uhm, g-g-good."
She crossed her legs in a sitting position and looked back at the TV. "Good." was all she said. Leonardo returned to watching the television too, but deep inside of him, he was having the exact same reaction Donnie did the first time April kissed him; he was floating away into nothing but whiteness and then zoomed around the entire planet screaming, "I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!!!" (A/N: See what I did there? ;P)