Pregnant

Wide sapphire blue orbs gazed intently at the young woman sitting before him on the rooftop. Her head hung low, watching her lap with a frustrated and worried expression apparent on her ivory face. Leo blinked before stammering out, "Y-y-you're.....p-pregnant?"
She peeked up at him then back to her lap and nodded. Leonardo suddenly felt as if a bowling ball was fired at his stomach via cannon and an anvil had been dropped on his head. The world slowly stopped spinning and everything on Earth went mute.
Pregnant. Karai was pregnant. With his child. He could hardly believe it. His mind struggled in processing it and kept buffering. He had no idea what to do nor what to say now. Karai released a sigh from her red lips and stood up to look deeply into her boyfriend's eyes with her honey colored ones. "Leo," she said, "look....I understand if it's too much for you and you don't want to take part. It's a huge responsibility. I can handle myself and, I believe, the baby too. Let me just tell you this; I love you."
Leo felt like his heart stopped. He couldn't believe what he was hearing from her. She looked away and tried to begin heading off. "I suppose I'll be l--oh!" she was cut off by Leo suddenly grabbing her and pulling her into a tight hug. She was pressed against his plastron with his strong arms wrapped around her completely while he pressed his snout against her forehead. He uttered, "Karai, I love you too much to leave you. Especially the baby. I am with you...always will be. And I'm sure I can handle this."
Karai felt wetness forming in her eyes and it took her a moment to realize that she was crying. Not out of sadness, but out of pure happiness from hearing those soothing and loving words from the man--ahem, turtle---she loved so dearly. She wrapped her arms around him and snuggled into his neck. The young couple sat themselves down together, still embracing each other with great passion. Leo closed his eyes as he kept his head buried against Karai's soft, ebony hair and lost himself in deep thought. True, he felt extremely nervous of being a father, but that didn't overcome his love for Karai. That, and he felt something swell up inside of him. The same thing he felt when he first interacted with Karai. Leo smiled, realizing that he was already falling in love again, this time with a creature that wasn't even born yet. Nevertheless, he felt overwhelming joy in his newfound love.

Soon enough there was going to be a small, precious creature wandering around in the sewers, carrying his and Karai's DNA and made from their flesh and blood. Leo remembered when he was young how Splinter would seem exasperated from the handful of turtle boys he cared for, but he was also greatly happy with his role as their father. And how Leo looked forward to having those same feelings. How he looked forward to holding a bundle of scales and joy in his arms, too. Leo looked down at Karai. She felt at total ease in his arms. He smiled against the skin of her head. Karai felt the smile and this led to her smiling back at him, though not directly. She had always felt safe in his arms, but now it felt more powerful than usual. In a way, it was like a family hug, despite the third member still being inside of her, still growing. One of her hands wandered down to it. It was as flat as a plain piece of paper for now, but soon it was inevitably going to be the size of a watermelon. Karai was aware of the difficulties that came with pregnancy, as well as motherhood. But did it bother her? Hardly. The pros outweighed the cons. After all, she was carrying something so valuable and precious that she could call hers. Something made from half of her and half of Leonardo. Something to fill with love, something to warm her now barely cold heart even more. Something that would bring her more happiness than she ever thought she could have.
When she met Leonardo, he offered her nothing but unconditional love and happiness, something she never quite experienced. With him, she wasn't a ruthless kunoichi nor the daughter of a cold-hearted monster of a man. She was just a young woman with a heart full of turmoil that would be washed away from the single touch of a scaly, green finger.
Now, it was going to much different. Different, but happier. She was finally going to be free of the remainders of pain she still had and now finally be able to live the only life she'd want; one with someone who loved her for herself, and only herself, with a family that loved her and she loved too. Especially a family with an extra member.
"I love you, Karai." Leonardo whispered to her. Karai swallowed and replied, "I love you too, Leonardo."
The two remained in their affectionate embrace until it had became very late and the two headed home. Karai was only at hers for a while to pack some of her belongings and sneak away to the Hamato family's lair. Even though everyone else was surprised to see Karai there in the morning, they welcomed her (though, things did get very interesting for a while when it was revealed that she and Leo were expecting).
Months later, the lair was filled with the cries of a newborn infant. The infant was a small, humanoid turtle with pear green scales and a black shell that had blue designs on it with a grey plastron. The infant's piercing, snake-like yellow eyes were outlined with red, slash-shaped patterns and it had small fangs. Donatello happily told his eldest brother and his love, "It's a girl."
The young parents smiled as Karai cradled their child in her arms against her chest. Leo kissed the top of her head. "You did great, Karai." he uttered. She only hummed in response. She watched her child and said, "She's beautiful. What shall we name her?"
Leo sat down with his new family as he thought along with Karai. "Well," he said, "I always liked the name Kotori. What do you think?"
Karai thought for a moment. She then said, "Kotori....it's perfect."
They looked at their daughter, now christened as Hamato Kotori, with lasting smiles on their faces.