YOLO

Karai was lying in her bed when the clock struck 11 o'clock at night. She had the lamp that was sitting on the nightstand next to her bed turned on as she sat up with the cozy blankets and comforters thrown over her bottom half. She had decided earlier that she'd begin re-reading one of her favorite books before drifting off to sleep after such a long day. Everything within the kunoichi's bedroom was silent and still, perfectly blissful. Until...

.....tap, tap....

    Karai flinched slightly at the sudden soft noise. Her head swung around towards her window. Outside of it, she could see the brilliantly sparkling city and the vast night sky....as well as a pair of extremely familiar eyes with sapphire blue orbs. Karai slid out of her bed and walked towards the window to open it. Surprise, surprise, hanging upside down from the building's ledge like Spiderman as he peered into her window was none other than Hamato Leonardo. "Evening, m'lady." Leo said in a mock-British gentleman's accent. Karai had burst out laughing at the turtle, who then leaped into her room and stood up straight in front of her.
     "God, you're such a dork! And you scared me!" Karai chuckled. "Sorry." Leo apologized. He looked around her room before his eyes stopped at the sight of her book lying on her bed. He picked it up and read the cover before smirking. "Memoirs of a Geisha?" he read out loud. Karai snatched the book out of Leo's hands. "What's wrong with it? It's a classic." she said. "I didn't say anything against it. I just didn't know you liked something like that." Leo said.
     "It's a Japanese story about a Japanese geisha and, as I said before, it's a classic. And let's not forget that I'm a born-and-raised Japanese girl myself. How could I not like it?"Karai explained. "Well, I'm Japanese too but you don't see me pouring over a dramatic and romantic Japanese novel." Leo pointed out. "Leo, you're a turtle. You were born and raised in New York City." Karai added.
      "Ouch, Karai. I'm a mutant turtle and I was raised under a fairly Japanese upbringing." Leo said. Karai chuckled while shaking her head. "Anyway, what brings you here?" she asked.
    "Couldn't sleep at the lair. Mikey, Donnie, and Raph all have really bad colds and are snoring like giant, stuffy-nosed lions. The whole city could hear them." Leo replied. "Ah." was all Karai said before she added, "And you want to spend the night here?"
"Wwweeelll....I guess so?"
"Why with me? Don't you have anywhere else to spend the night?"
"Nope."
"What about April?"
"She's on a two-day class field trip in Pennsylvania."
"What about a rooftop?"
"Are you kidding? Is freezing cold out. My tail could fall of in an hour out there."
"I thought reptiles could grow their tails back."
"Only lizards, Karai. Not turtles. Get your biology straight."
Karai cocked an eyebrow at Leo. "You don't want me here, do you?" Leo said. Karai's eyes widened and she realized how cold she was probably being. "Oh, it's not that, Leo! It's just that...well, doesn't it feel awkward?" she said. Leo shrugged. "Sort of. But I'd rather stay here for the night rather than the lair with a bunch of sick and incredibly noisy brothers." he said.
      Karai smirked a little. "Aaannnddd....I kinda wanted to?" Leo threw in nervously while rubbing the back of his head. Karai looked at him in surprise. He was blushing like crazy. Finally, she smiled. "Alright. C'mon, you." she said. Karai climbed back into her bed and looked to Leo. "Where am I gonna sleep?" he asked. Karai gave Leo a seductive look before patting the spot next to her. Leo blushed even harder and it looked like he was about to pass out from shock.
     "Oh, c'mon. It's not like I'm inviting you to have sex with me." she joked. Leo's eyes widened at her remark. Finally, he walked over and climbed into the bed and curled up under the covers next to her. Karai turned off the lamp and lied down, pulling the covers over her.
"Night, Karai."
"Night, Leo....I lllooooovvveee yyooouuu."
"Okay, knock it off."
"Never."