Umbrella

The song is Be Mine by Alice Boman. It's gorgeous and I love it a lot and I thought it'd fit this chapter pretty well

Rain poured from the dark-grey sky and onto all of New York City. All looked dreary and the conditions were far from favorable. Leo sighed as he looked out the rain-covered window. He felt something small and soft touch his hand, then. He turned his head to Karai, who was gingerly holding his hand as she too gazed out the window upon the now dark, wet scenery. She graced him with a small, yet loving smile. Leonardo smiled back at her. He took in her brand new appearance, amazed by her sudden transformation. Her hair had grown out enough to put up in an elegant, messy updo and her usual fierce makeup style was replaced with black kohl, white eyeshadow, and red lipstick and a pinch of blush on each cheek. She wore a long, graceful, pristine white kimono that had lovely red floral designs on it with red flowers and pins in her hair. She looked absolutely beautiful, but then again, she always was beautiful to Leonardo, in every way from head to toe, inside and out. It was one of the many reasons why he was happy to finally marry her.
Unfortunately, the dream-come-true was put on hold. The wedding ceremony was planned to be held on the roof of the building that used to be Shredder's lair (now Karai's), but the rain got in the way, so the wedding had to be temporarily canceled until the rain had let up. While he understood completely, he still couldn't help but feel rather disappointed by the sudden and last-minute postponing on what was going to be the happiest day of his life.

"I'm sorry, Karai." he apologized to her. Karai smiled and shook her head. "For what? Calling the weather and demanding for it to rain? Really, Leo. There's no need to apologize. It's just a minor setback, that's all." she pointed out. Karai was right. It wasn't permanent. They were still going to get married in the end and that was all that mattered.
"Everyone's pretty disappointed, though. They were looking forward to it." Leo said. Karai nodded and replied, "Yes. Shinigami came up to me after the wedding was postponed and asked me if it was too late for her to bail out on our 'lame wedding'. Her words, not mine."
Leo chuckled. "That does sound like her."
He wrapped his arm around Karai's waist and pulled her close to him. She placed her head on his shoulder, nuzzling it affectionately. "I love you, Leonardo." she said softly. "I love you too, Karai." Leo said.
There was nothing but silence between the two for a moment. After that, Karai said, "Look at that. The rain is pouring down like crazy. I bet we're going to have to wait until tomorrow to marry."
Suddenly, a light bulb went off in Leo's head. He smirked and looked at Karai. "Maybe not." he said. Karai cocked an eyebrow at her soon-to-be husband. "What do you mean? And why do you look like that...?"

******

"This is ridiculous!" Raph shouted. Mikey socked him in his arm and said, "Shut up! You're ruining the moment!"
Donnie rolled his eyes and scolded his brothers, "Can you two just stop already?"
The Hamato clan, as well as their guests and closest friends--the Mutanimals, Mr. O'Neil, Shinigami, Bishop and the Utrom, Sal Commander, and Fugitoid--were all out on the rooftop, out in the rain with umbrellas over all of them. Master Splinter stood before everyone with Leo and Karai standing in front of him side to side with their own umbrellas. Next to them on each side, Raph and Mona Lisa; Mikey and Renet; and Donnie and April all stood under their umbrellas together.
Karai looked at Leo and said, "This better be worth it."
Leo grinned and shook his head. Splinter cleared his throat to get everyone's attention. "Shall we begin?" he announced. Silence. He smiled and began, "Good...."
Leo and Karai both faced each other, ready for what was next.

*****

After the ceremony, the reception was held back inside. Leo and Karai sat together closely as they watched everyone. Raph and Mona were trying to dance together--but were having a hard time due to Mona's tail getting in the way and the fact that she was a head taller than him and he was supposed to lead. Mikey and Renet were laughing together as they watched the couple's attempt at dancing together. Donnie and April sat together at a table, chatting with each other.
Overall, everything was going very well, better than expected.
Karai released a peaceful sigh and placed her hand on Leo's, her wedding ring clinking against his. "So, Mrs. Hamato...was it worth it?" he asked her. Karai chuckled.
"Yes...yes, it was."