Chapter 4

I walked out of the manor and felt as if I had been hit in the stomach. I felt so completely and totally alone. My steps faltered so I stopped and took a deep breath, shaking my head.

Why am I so weak? I tried to laugh it off. I continued on my way, hoping to find something, anything, to help me. After a while someone called my name.

"Kyiomi-san! Over here!" I looked up to see a red spiky haired man with tribal tattoos.

"Thank you," I said, walking up to him.

"For what?"

"For not calling me Kyiomi-sama." I muttered, beginning to feel embarrassed. A light blush dusted my cheeks.

"Oh. Well, you've never liked being called that so I just thought..." He trailed off while rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled.

"Well, I appreciate it." After a few moments of silence I said, "So you wanted to speak with me?"

"Oh! Right. There's someone who wants to see you," he said. He sounded pretty excited. I considered declining, but his excitement cut me short.

"Alright," I murmured.

I'm not sure how long we walked through the woods before we arrived at a small building. On the way, I learned that his name was Renji and we talked about other unimportant things.

The building couldn't have housed more than two people comfortably. Even in its small size it was beautiful, blending carefully with the surrounding nature.

"Where are we, Renji?" I panted.

Renji gave me a sympathetic glance and said, "She is a seer from your kingdom. Her name is Kokari, but she goes by Kari."

"From my kingdom." I whispered.

My face must have shown the hurt I felt for he looked at me and said "I-I'm sorry! I wasn't think-"

"Renji, stop! It's nothing really." I smiled and tried not to let my pain show through.

Everyone knows so much more about 'me' than I do.

"Should we go in now Kyiomi?" Renji asked, the excitment back in his voice.
I nodded once, motioning him to lead the way. As we entered the small house, a strong smell hit my like a wall. I doubled over, gagging.

"Kyiomi, are you alright?" Renji demanded, grabbing my arms gently. I tried too quickly to straighten myself and got really dizzy. I leaned against him, breathing heavily.

What the hell is wrong with me..? No, this place. What is this?

After a few moments of waiting in a room with wood walls and a simple woven carpet in the middle of the floor, an extremely tall woman appeared before us.

She had paper white skin and wore close to no clothing. The pieces she did wear were a deep red color, a hard contrast to her body.  Her hair, cut to her chin, and her eyelashes were barely a shade darker than her skin, while her eyes were the same flashing color as her garb.

What caught my eye most though, were the many piercings and rings she had. Her naval was pierced by a deep black gem embedded in a small gold ring, an almost perfect match on her nose, and both ears had several adornments about them. Each finger had a ring, most were quite large and not one matching in color or style.