Chapter 5

It was nearly two hours after the whole ordeal with Kari and I was sitting under a sakura tree by the manor. My feelings were all mixed up inside of me and I didn't know how to fix them, but the trees had a calming effect.

Everything was telling me that I should love Byakuya Kuchiki and that in itself had me confused.

He was extremely handsome, that much was very clear, but he didn't exactly have the personality to match. He was always being so cold and distant towards everyone, even his sister. Granted he had been very sweet towards me - but only when he thought no one would notice. I could not decide how I felt about that. I wanted so badly to believe that he lived that way for a reason, but I had to admit - it hurt. If I don't give him the chance, I'll never know, I told myself.

How should I feel about him? He's a perfect stranger... Isn't he? I let out a wordless shout towards the surrounding trees out of frustration and lack of a better idea. As soon as the noise escaped my lips I could feel someone's eyes on me. My body stiffened as I stood slowly, ready to defend myself. I spun around to see a woman with long strawberry blond hair, pouting lips and huge breasts that were uncomfortably close to my face. I tried to take a step back, but pulled me into a rib crushing embrace.

"Kyiomi-chan!" She shouted. "It's so good to see you again!" She finally released me. I wasn't sure what to say. I had no memory of this woman, but she seemed so happy and I didn't want to ruin that for her.

She paused, a look of great sadness flashing across her features. It only lasted for a moment before she smiled cheerfully again and said, "Forgive me. I'm Rangiku Matsumoto, lieutenant of Squad 10." She bowed slightly.

"Kyiomi Dākumūn. It's a pleasure to meet you" I responded, bowing in return. When I told her my last name, I saw the corner of her mouth quirk downwards for a split second. I didn't say anything, although I couldn't help but wonder.

"So, may I ask what you're here?" I asked.

"Oh, just wandering," she replied dismissively.

"Around the Kuchiki manor?" I giggled. She blushed and chuckled nervously.

"Oh, well I, uh..." She trailed off. I stared at her while trying not to laugh at the look on her face. "I just wanted to make sure you were alright and see if you wanted to go get a drink with me and a few others." It came out rushed. I was surprised.

"I'm okay. I could be worse," I replied slowly. "That actually sounds nice, I'd love to join you. Thank you, Rangiku-san." I smiled.

She grinned. "Great! Let's go," she squealed while grabbing my hand and shunpoed away from the manor. When we stopped we were standing in front of a plain white building that I could only guess was a pub. I could here a faint hum from inside.

"Rangiku!" A slurred voice called out. I turned to see three men coming out from the building and walking towards us.

One was completely bald. He had a red line extending upward from the corner of both eyes. Another had chin length violet-blue hair. There were some sort of feathers extending from both his right eyebrow and the lashes on the same side. The two from his brow were a light shade of red, the others were yellow. The third man was Renji.

"Kyiomi, this is Ikkaku Madarame, Yumichika Ayasegawa and you know Renji Abarai," Rangiku introduced us. "Third and fifth seat of Squad 11 and lieutenant of Squad 6," she finished.

"It's nice to meet you," I inclined my head. Yumichika smiled in return while Ikkaku grunted.

"Let's get back inside," Ikkaku commanded. We all nodded our assent. Rangiku grabbed my wrist and dragged me inside with her.