prologue

Trigger warning: this story contains images of depression, self harm, suicidal thoughts and maybe anorexia. If you have mental disorders i do not recommend reading this story, as it might trigger you and might cause you episodes. I am genuinely sorry for not posting a proper warning when i first started this book, because i never thought that books can trigger mentally ill people, but as time passed and as i started experiencing it, i feel extremely concerned and guilty. Please, if you ever feel down, sad, depressed or suicidal, do not hesitate to seek for comfort from close people like family or friends, and also feel free to contact me here.

*

"I bet i can make you fall in love with me," Chanyeol said, smiling at the small human infront of him.
"No thanks." Baekhyun answered, crossing his arms on his chest.
"Why not? Afraid you'll lose?"

"I'm afraid you'll leave once you win."

*

When depression stricks,

the world can literally seem like a dark place, everything is black and white. What was beautiful may look ugly.

The depressed person may believe that their loved ones are better off without them.

Nothing seems comforting, pleasurable, or worth living for. There's no apparent hope for things ever feeling better, and history is rewritten and experienced as confirmation that everything has always been miserable, and always will be.

Someone who haven't experienced this feeling would never understand the struggle.
Never, ever.

*

Byun Baekhyun was one of them. He was small, fragile, in need of protection, love, attention;
In need of help.

But he'll always be in denial, saying that things will be better if he stayed by himself.
Alone, inknown, weak, broken;

He was litterally a mess, a failure, or so he thought.

But that didn't stop a certain giant from noticing the beauty of the midget.
That was when Park Chanyeol entered Byun Baekhyun's life,

And promised on his life to protect him at all cost.

_uminieeeee

A L L   R I G H T S  R E S E R V E D ®