Chapter 13

Earlier than you thought! I hope you enjoy this chapter!

*
Chanyeol basically ran out of the byuns house after hearing that one sentence.

"Let's be strangers."

He couldn't stop his eyes from leaking salty warm tears, but it didn't even help relieving his pain. It was unbearable, and it got worse everytime he remembered the petite's words.

He felt angry, sad, and hurt.

He was angry because Baekhyun didn't even try to give him a chance, he gave up for his weakness.

He was sad because he had to leave the smaller, and hell, he sure was going to miss him near him.

And finally, he was hurt, because Baekhyun chose to stay philophobic instead of fighting for his love. He knew it was a hard task, but couldn't he atleast try?

Couldn't he atleast give him a chance to erase his painful memories and make brand new ones instead?

Couldn't he atleast fight for love?

But then, was it even pure love, if it didn't push him to work hard to get what he desires?

Baekhyun was probably just emotionally confused, or atleast just liked the giant's comforting acts.

He'll probably be alright without Chanyeol.

No, he'll be okay. It was Chanyeol, he was the one who triggered his phobia and he was having episodes because of him.

Maybe Baekhyun is right. Maybe he should stay away from him, for good.

*

The moment Chanyeol left, Baekhyun felt his heart twist in pain.

First, it was because the taller had feelings for him, but he just rejected him in the most horrible way.

Second, because he couldn't try to get some help so he can end up with him and live together happily ever after.

He kneeled to the ground before he clutched his chest with his hand, and breathing heavily.

"Mom? B-baekbeom?? Any..one... p-please help..." he called for help with a faint voice, as his panic attack became worse.

He felt the world spinning around him, and everything was slightly becoming blurry, but before he could faint, he saw Bogum slowly approach him with a smirk hugging his face,

"I really, really, love you, my baby."

*

Baekbeom, who was heading to the kitchen for a light snack, was the first one to notice the scene.

He rushed toward Baekhyun who was breathing heavily with a tear-stained face, and would let a sob or two every now and then.

He looked horrible, and it reminded him of the time when Baekhyun had his first heart break.

It felt as if it was happening all over again.

He hugged his little brother tight, before leading the both of them to his room. And after drinking a cup of water, Baekhyun was slightly turning better, physically.

"Who did this? Don't tell me that the guy you have a crush on broke your heart?! If he did, i swear to God i won't hesitate to go to ja-"

"No.." the petite said, weakly. "Don't hurt him. He doesn't deserve more pain."

"So you're telling me that he don't deserve it, yet you do? I don't get you! What in the world even happened?" Baekbeom snapped, trying to contain his anger.

"We kissed. He confessed. I rejected him because i'm too broken to fall in love again. I told him to stay away from me even though i can't bare a second without him. The end." He said in a shaky tone, as more tears ran down his rosy cheeks.

They both sat in silence, unable to know what to do.

"I did it again, didn't i hyung? I screwed up once again. What is wrong with me? Why am i such a failure? Why can't i stand up for once and be strong?"

Baekbeom had enough. He hugged his brother tightly, and made the both of them lay on the bed so they could cuddle. He rubbed his little sibling's back gently, and caressed his soft locks softly.

"You are not a failure, hyunnie. You are a good person. You treat people right, you never hold grudges, you never wish anything bad to anyone. You're too nice for this cruel world, that's why it's affecting you, aggressively."

He kissed his forehead,

"To be strong, is not a hard task to do. You just have to believe in yourself, think positively, and be determined to accomplish your goal. This is just a phase and it'll fade away soon, so don't let it control you!"

Baekhyun felt inspired by his hyung's words.
He felt a slight hint of hope growing inside his broken heart.

He had hope that everything will be fine, only if he worked for it.

He had hope that he'll be able to fix what's broken if he brought himself to do so.

He knew exactly what to do.

"Thank you, beomie. I know exactly what i'm going to do." He mumbled tiredly yet in a joyful manner, before closing his eyes, and sleeping.

***

Word count : 826 words.

HElLooOoOOOoO!

I uptaded earlier than usual! Yay or nay?

If you think this story is going fast, you're right! This was going to be a short story afterall! But i hope you like it!

see you later! Love you! 💜👀