/1\

(A/N: Stephen James is my new obsession)

"You don't understand Jacob, I need this job. They'll take my little sister away from me if I don't get this job." The words spilled helplessly past the 23 year old's lips. The old man was just not understanding her situation. If she didn't get the job, CPS would take away her little sister. The old apartment didn't meet their expectations, nor did her income.

"Miss Taylor, I am truly sorry, but you do not qualify for the position. You have no experience in that line of work." Amara's head fell into her hand. This was her last chance, and she was losing it.

"Jacob I will do anything in the bar. Please just give me any position. I don't care if it's scrubbing scum off of the toilets. Just give me something." A sigh came from Jacob. He pitied the young woman, and he couldn't just let her lose the only family she has.

"Fine, there is one job open. It's a lower pay by a dollar, but it will do." Relief came over Amara and she fist pumped the air. "You'll be the busser. Go around and clean up tables and all that. It's not that hard. You setup in the morning, and you clean up in the afternoon and night. Your first day is on Monday. Be here at 8am sharp. If you're late, you're fired. Have a good evening Miss Taylor." Right as the line went dead, Amara jumped up and ran to her sister. Jaylin was sitting on the couch watching tv, but Amara could care less. She jumped onto her sister and hugged the shit out of her. Tears streamed down Amara's eyes and Jaylin just hugged back.

"I got the job." Jaylin froze. They weren't going to take her away. She could stay with her sister. The hugging fest turned into a tear fest, and then a laughing fest.

"We need to celebrate." Jaylin declared as she brushed back Amara's hombre hair and wiped away the tears of her crystal blue eyes. "Let's go out to eat." Amara frowned. They don't have enough money for that kind of thing.

"We can't-"

"David, the owner of Italia, I bet he wouldn't mind paying for our dinner. He's basically family." Amara thought, considered, looked at Jay's puppy eyes, and then finally gave in. Jay knew she did too, so she was up in seconds and reaching for the phone they shared. A cheap flip phone that only has a few contacts on it.

As Jay talked through the phone, Amara cleaned up around the apartment. Getting a job still hasn't processed and the future is still a blur. Will they move into a house? Will they get a dog? Will she get a promotion? The question flooded into her mind like a title wave. Everything seemed too good to be true for her. Every time Amara received happiness, it was stripped away from her sooner than later. With papers falling out of her hands, Amara stacked the mom the table. Turning around, she saw Jay standing there with a wide grin.

"Our dinner is taken care of." How the hell does a 16 year old manage that? Smiling I grab the keys and my wallet. Amara stops and looks down at the old wallet that held only $50 in it. What could it go towards? Groceries that we need. Clothes that we have so little of. Shaking the the thoughts away, Amara shoves the wallet in her back pocket and walks out the door with Jay trailing behind her.

+++

The restaurant wasn't as busy as usual. Fresh scents of spices drifted through the air and light classical music played in the background. All black walls and carpet with red accents screamed David. People ate the delicious Italian food and talked amongst themselves.

"Amara! Jay! My two favorite girls!" The loud thick Italian voice startled Amara from her trance. Jay giggled and hugged David. They've always had a close relationship. David may be 21, but he acts Jay's age. He turned towards Amara and pulled her in for a hug. "How are you doing?" David whispered not letting her go.

"I got a job at your friend's. He almost didn't take me, but I begged and he gave in." David shook his head in disbelief.

"That prick should've just said yes. Sometimes I just wanna shove my hand up his-"

"Woah woah! Let's eat!" I interrupted his vulgar threat making him chuckle. David led us to the roof where there was a table set out for the sisters. The night was cool and the view was beautiful.

Hours had past and the sisters were sitting on the edge of the building looking out. No words had been said for a while, but they didn't care. All they need is each other. Soon Jay fell asleep on Amara's shoulder. David came up and chuckled at the adorable sight. He picked up the sleeping teenager in his arms and carried her to the car. Before Amara got in, she hugged David.

"Thank you David, for everything. You've been an outstanding friend and we couldn't be here without your help. Thank you." David smiled and placed his lips on her forehead. Amara closed her eyes to prevent tears from surfacing.

"You're very welcome. Now get home, and get some sleep." With that, Amara got in her car and drove off. The night consumed the old car. With Jay sleeping in the back, Amara focused on the road. Her road. What was next? A big turn of events? A car accident? Nothing seemed to make sense to her at the moment. The job. The happiness. Nothing.

Giving her attention back to the road, she saw a dark figure laying on the road. Screaming, Amara slammed on the brakes. Jay fell forward into the car ground and groaned. They were only a few blocks from their apartment. Getting out of the car, Amara walks up to the figure. A man. Black shoes, black jeans, grey shirt, black leather jacket, inked markings licking up his neck and onto his head and hands, and an expensive looking watch.

Finally, Amara notices the dark stains on the man's shirt and jeans. Blood. Amara panicked and ran back to the car searching for their phone.

"Shit." Groaning she wakes up Jay again. "Jay come help me. Now." Joy mumbles under her breath, but gets out of the car and follows Amara.

"OH MY GOD!" Jay sees the blood and backs away. "We need to call the police!" Amara ignored her sister and grabbed under the man's arms. A pained groan comes from the plump pink lips of the tatted man.

"Good your alive. Jay, grab his feet and help me get him to the car." Jay just stood there shaking slightly. Amara was getting impatient and she shouted. "If you don't help me this man will die! Now get your ass over here and help me!" Jay gulps and grabs his calves.

With struggle, the sisters get the man in the back seat. Amara tells Jay to drive the rest of the way home so she can sit in the back and make sure this man doesn't die.

This is the first chapter to my new story. The next chapter will be posted as soon as possible. This will be a slow updated book, and that's only because school is starting.

COMMENT. VOTE. SHARE.