/5\

Amara pov (can we just

Amara pov (can we just.....^)

Two men pulled me out the door. I didn't go silent though. As they pulled me out, Eli payed five more punches on my father. My legs kicked and I scream for them to stop. The last thing I saw was my father's head lulling forward with blood dripping from his face. I was pulled all the way up the stairs, down a hall, and thrown into a bedroom. I was up on my feet and running towards the door. Just as I got to it, it was slammed in my face.

I slammed my fists on the door and screamed as loud as My throats could handle. When  my arms grew week and I lost my voice- hours later- I slid down the door and let out silent cries. My father is probably dead, again. I don't know where my sister is. I'm all alone in this "estate" with no one sane except myself. I'm probably going to die in the next 24 hours.

All my hopes disappeared as fears replaced. I sat there and accepted my fate. In the bedroom that I refuse to explore more than what I can already see. I have no desire to be here in this room. I want to be at home with my sister and my men, Ben&Jerry.

Tears pricked at my eyes once again as memories flooded through me

Tears pricked at my eyes once again as memories flooded through me. I was surely broken, if I wasn't before. How did I end up here? All I did was serve a man his beer. Then, that man was shot. If Eli is mad that I was trying to make money, he needs to calm himself. It's not like I intentionally worked there because I knew he was going to be there. I'm not that smart of a tech person to find that out.

My mind wandered in my state of complete and utter hopelessness. Eli Diovani. A dangerous thing in this crippling society. He could've killed me multiple times, but he didn't. Why?- That's beyond me. His father- who I don't know the name of- is a composed man. He's clearly very powerful and dangerous, but I feel he doesn't let on as much as he is. That's all who I have encountered. I have a feeling I don't want to meet anyone else.

My gaze went from the darkened room, to my dress. It was not white and and black instead of just black. The stupid dirt, dust, and other substances I don't know of. It looks like I have been through hell, but I know this is only just Purgatory.

The door pushed open, knocking me over onto the ground. I would've yelped, but I don't have a voice. A woman walked through the door. Her hair was raven black and she was dressed in a white shirt, black skinny jeans, and combat boots. Her piercing blue eyes glared down at me with so much hatred I shrunk away in fear. She reached down and jerked me up to my feet by my arm. I didn't say anything, I couldn't. She didn't say anything though, and that's what scared me the most.

This is it. I am going to die. This is the end of the line for me. I'm not going to see Jay graduate high school or college. She isn't going to get the correct boyfriend advice she needs. David is going to be completely lost in what to do. That's it. This is it. My life is over.

The woman swung open a door and threw me inside. I fell to my knees and hissed in pain. That actually hurt you woman, damn. I scrambled up to my feet and came eye to eye with the no other, Eli Diovani. He sat in his office chair with his feet perched up on the desk as he leaned back and looked out the large window. The whole aroma of the room screamed murderous mafia boss. All dark colors, the only thing light were the papers on his desk and in the books.

I looked behind me to see the woman in the corner twirling a knife between her fingers with her eyes glued to me. I gulped and looked back at Eli. It was obvious now that he knew of my presence because his feet came down off of the desk. He clapped his hands together and kept them in the praying position. He rolled his lips and slowly bit his lip looking at me. As he looked at me, his lips pursed. I stood there silent - like I had another choice - and still with his cold gaze aimed towards me.

"Don't be childish, Amara. Your father owes this Family and has put it in danger." I looked down at my feet at the mention of my father. He probably has a bullet between the eyes. I flinched at the thought and image that ran through my mind. I cannot believe he might be dead, again. I only just saw him after seven years.

"Eli, she was screaming her head off for two hours straight. She has lost her voice." The woman behind me spoke. She had a powerful and thick voice; almost sultry. Eli rose an eyebrow at me and chuckled. I didn't move an inch or make a sound.

"I guess being kept from a loved one is the best kind of torture. See, now you can't disrespect anything I'm about to tell you." My eyes widened in fear as Eli Emily grinned. "Your father has put my men and me in some serious trouble. An enemy has threatened you if your father didn't expose information about us. Caring more about you than his life, he let lose. He broke the code." Eli was up from his desk and making his way to me. "Normally," he stood in front of me. Slowly his finger comes up and jabs between my eyebrows. "I'd lay a bullet right here." He's growing a beard. Don't tattoos restrict the ability to grow facial hair? "I didn't though, and this is why. Your father saw something- someone that is of great value to me. I want to get that someone back.

"This is where you come into play darling. You're going to help me get this someone. No doubt you're more than skilled with a gun. If you don't help me," his thumb replaced his finger and it slid down my nose to my bottom lip. "Daddy dearest will stop breathing, with this little button." He showed me his phone with my father's picture on it. I shook  my head and Eli smiled. "Good, we are at an understanding." He backed away from me and back to his desk. Eli plopped down into his chair and plopped his feet up. "Now go back to your room. Orders will be given to you in the morning."

With those words, the woman grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the office. I had so many questions, that I couldn't ask. Anger bubbled inside of me with a spice of fear. I was thrown into the bedroom again with the door slammed shut and locked. I curled up against the wall and cried silently. This is the end.