/3\

Amara pov

"Amara I'm serious. It's been a week. You need to forget about Eli!" Jay has become fed up with me. Whenever I'm not at work, I'm on the computer searching Eli Diovani. He's always on my mind and I don't know why. I just sip my coffee ignoring her. A scoff comes from her and suddenly she's standing up. "Fine, I'm going to move on with my life and go to school." With that she was out the door. A sigh pasts my lips as I sat alone in the empty apartment. Jay's right, I need to just forget about Eli. He's in the past and he's not my problem anymore.

What my problem is, is that we need groceries. Downing the rest of my coffee I head up stairs to take a quick shower. I curl my hair, put light makeup on, and get dressed. A pale pink sweater dress that goes mid thigh and black bootie heels. This is the fanciest thing in my closet, so no judging.

I walk into the living room and grab my things from the couch. I'm hit with a scent and I can't help but indulge in it. It's strong, minty, and masculine. Eli. Suddenly I'm reminded of his dark forest green eyes. I stumble back into the wall and gulp hard. One question, and one question only runs through my head. Who is Eli Diovani?

Not wanting to waste anymore time, I rush out of my apartment and down to my car. Lets just get these groceries bought.

~~~

At work I can't focus. It took me twenty minutes to clean ten tables. Jade, the bar tender is already worried about me. I just keep telling her I'm tired, when really I'm wired.

"Amara!" Jumping I turn and look at David. Oh no, I'm going to get fired. I knew this happiness would last long. "My office, now." I nod and look over at Jade. She just shrugs and anxiety rushes through me. Slowly I walk up the steep stairs to his office. Inside is all black except for his red velvet office chair.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I say as he steps out from the bathroom. I grimace slightly and look down. His chuckle fills my ears and I look up.

" Yes, I did. We have some important people coming in today and Judy is sick. I'm going to need you to waitress today." Oh god. I become whiter than a piece of paper. It's probably too early to be assuming things, but maybe I'm getting a chance here.

"I don't think it's a good idea." I mumble quickly trying to hide my excitement. David sighs and stands up. He walks over to me and pushes a strand of hair back.

"You only have to do it for tonight. That is unless you show me you have it under control. If you do, there may be a promotion in your future." Giddiness bubbles up inside me and I smile wide. Nodding quickly I hug him.

"I'll do it." David claps his hand on my back chuckling lightly. I pull away and he reaches behind his desk and grabs a black waitress apron.

"Good, your shift starts in ten minutes." I grab the apron and hold it close. Things are getting better and better. Hopefully my income will go up. I turn to walk out but then stop.

"Thank you David. Thank you for everything." I say looking back at him. He smiles at me and takes a drink of his scotch.

"It's no problem. Now get out there before you're late." I nod and walk out of his office. I feel like the balloon in my chest just popped. My mind went off to the future. If all things go well, Jay and I won't have to worry about anything.

"Opening!" Jared, the buster, from downstairs said. Excitement shot through my veins and I tied the apron around my waist. I collected my hair and tied it together with a pony tail. Music started to pump through the speakers and Jade started flipping glasses and bottles. I, on the other hand, almost fell downstairs. You know what, great start, credit for not dying.