09:07

The Flight Delay © 2013, kelly_1231 

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

All rights are reserved by the author and any unauthorized copying, stealing, editing, manipulation, and etc. of this work without the written permission of the author will be punished by law under infringement of copyright.

This book is a work of fiction.  Any similarities to real people, living or dead, is purely coincidental.  All characters and events in this work are figments of the author’s imagination.

________________

[A/N]: Hey, ya'll! This is a short-story that's been on my mind for awhile and I know it probably sounds cliche and predictable, but just like TCTCL, this is gonna be short and sweet. It'll probably be a bit angsty in a few chapters, but nothing really cringe worthy. It is, after all, kind of a Christmas story so obviously is has to be on the lighthearted side, ya know? ;D

Anyway, I probably won't be working on this until the start of December but I just wanted to get it out there so you guys can tell me your opinions.

So yeah!

Vote. Comment. Fan? :3

 ____________________

09:07

| | Tokyo, Japan | |

            For a girl who has serious anxiety issues, travelling by plane has never been my favourite thing to do- especially by myself.

            The airport procedures, safety precautions, and the never ending questions asked by the officers has always heightened uneasiness. It's not like I have anything to hide, anyways. I'm not bringing counterfeit money into another country nor am I planning to bring explosives on the plane; the airport just naturally makes me feel uneasy with myself.

            It is an irrational thing for me to say, but it's true. Just like how people are scared of spiders (which in my opinion is slightly more irrational), I, Jessica Chung, am afraid of airports and flying on planes. 

            Looking down onto my watch, I feel a wave of anxiety wash over me as I start to wonder whether or not I will make on time to my flight. After all, I still need to check-in my luggage, go through security point, and probably grab something to eat before my my flight. The lady in front of me, however, keeps on talking and talking to the other lady behind the check-in desk that it feels as though it will be an eternity before I can even check-in my pink suitcase and get on my flight in time for Christmas.

            "Where do I go again?" the lady asks in Japanese.

            An frustrated sigh escapes my lips as I looked down onto my watch again.

            9:20AM.

            My flight leaves at eleven.

            "Next please," says the woman at the check-in desk as the person in front of me walks away in the other direction. She looks up from her computer with her sharp eyes, meets my gaze, and gives me the look of pure annoyance. "Next, please." Her tone of voice sounds like she had a long night.

            I blink, and I immediately walk up to the desk with my passport and papers. "Sorry about that," I say, placing my suitcase on the ground and slinging my handbag further up my arm.