11:07

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY!

Anyway, there's two more chapters left so make sure to vote, comment, or fan! <3 ^_^

Hope y'all don't drink too much.

- kelly_1231

11:07

            "Your New Year's resolution should be laying off the caffeine," Drew says to me as he pays for my second cup of coffee for the day. We were just about to head to this "special place" in the airport Drew wanted to show me until I declared to Drew that I was craving for Starbucks. Again.

            Philip hands me the cup and then leans a little closer to me. "So, can you hook me up with Amberly Winters?" He's, of course, only joking around but he makes it seem like he's serious.

            I take in a sharp breath. "I'd help you out, bro, but she's taken."

            Drew's shoulders immediately tense up just as Philip makes a face.

            "Really?" Philip asks, genuinely surprised. "Who the heck is she dating?"

            I slowly take a sip of my coffee as I point to Drew.

            Philip looks perplexed as he looks from Drew to me, and from me to Drew. He then begins to scratch his head as if he is trying to solve a difficult puzzle. "But I thought you two--" He points to the point to the both of us as he narrows his eyes in our direction. He then pauses. "Wait. You two aren't dating?"

            Drew puts his money back into his wallet and chuckles. "She literally ran away from me when I first bought her coffee from you, so obviously we're not dating," he states. 

            "I know, but god.." Philip shakes his head in disbelief. "... I can literally feel the sexual tension between the two of you, so I just assumed--"

            "NO!" Drew and I cry out in sync. 

            Philip laughs. "So you two never had that type of history before?" 

            Drew and I exchange awkward glances to one another as Philip continues laughing at us. 

            Is it that obvious?

            I roll my eyes. "We dated before but--"

            "You never got to that point in the relationship?" Philip nods. "Understandable--"

            Drew looks insulted. "Ugh, yeah we did," he states and I automatically snort.

            Philip nods again. "That explains the sexual tension between the two of you," he teases.

            "Look," I say to Philip. "We dated in high school. We lost our 'V' cards to each other. The relationship lasted for a year. I broke up with him. He's with Amberly Winters. And that's that."

            Philip holds his hands up in defence. "Hey, I'm just saying that you two have some major chemistry going on with each other. I mean, you two look good together -- no doubt about it -- but if an onlooker is able to feel the amount of chemistry by just looking at the two of you, then you guys must be really good together." He laughs when he realizes Drew and I are just staring at him. "It's not a bad thing, you know? Most people our age just go into relationships without ever having a real connection to the other person-- obviously, you two don't have that problem."