The Act of Trepidation

While walking through the sightly town, you notice a cart full of different colored flowers. You were taken by the sweet aroma from a red rose in front of the cart. The color reminded you of a dark, red wine. You looked and saw Benjamin looking at the same flower, mouth open in amazement. Putting Johanna on the ground, still holding her hand, you carefully pick up the flower with your small fingers.

"It's so beautiful, as if it was Aphrodite in a crowd of middle class."

Benjamin giggles and replies, " Even though you're the goddess in my life."

You blush and give the rose to Benjamin for him to purchase it. At the same time as he walks over to the florist, you feel a pair of eyes watching you and your daughter's every move. You hear footsteps coming closer to you, but they were heavier than Ben's.

"Excuse me lady, but you dropped your purse."

You turned around to find an awkward man. He was a little large for his age, wearing a white cap, just like he came out of a court room. Judge Turpin and his odd companion, Beadle, were behind you, clutching your purse that you apparently dropped.

"Well, thank you. This is quite nice of you." You tell him with a small smile.

"It's the least I can do for a beautiful woman like you."

You smile in an awkward fashion, praying that Benjamin can come save you. You hear a sweet, similar voice behind you, holding your waist.

"We'll be going now with her purse, sir. Thank you so much for retrieving it."

Benjamin kisses your cheek, making the judge look jealous. You smile then calmly take your purse and pick up Johanna, and begin to walk away. How you are so thankful for Ben to save you like that. You would've been a goner. But... something felt odd...

You look down at your so called purse. But...

It wasn't your purse at all.

"Thief... thief! Please help me!" You hear a distant woman call.

You quickly look at Benjamin and Johanna, and push them into a nearby alley. You stand outside the alley, purse in hand. Making sure Ben and Johanna were hiding, you checked the alley often. After a while , you see two police officers spot you, and quickly run after you. You stand there in shock of what's about to happen. Instead of you getting trampled over, you see them grab Benjamin.

He yells, "I've done nothing wrong, I promise! I have a wife and daughter to take of! No!!"

You and Johanna begin to scream "Please bring him back! Benjamin! BENJAMIN!"

After thirty minutes of no response, you fall to the ground and weep, your daughter sitting beside you, hugging you. 'Who could've done this?!How,due to him doing nothing wrong!' you speak to yourself. Then... you hear a familiar voice. A voice you didn't want to hear at all.

"Why are two such beautiful ladies sitting on the dirty ground? Do you need somewhere to stay? I can hel-"

"We don't NEED or WANT your help right now."

You quickly grab Johanna and speed walk home, still crying about the love of your live being ripped away from you. After forty minutes of speed walking towards you house, you quickly lock lock the door behind you, Johanna panting behind you. She looks up at you with eyes stained with tears.

"Everything's gonna be fine, I will have to find a job to hold us over. We don't know when he'll be back, so we're gonna have to stay low, okay?"

She answers with a nod and a smile. You smile back, trying to mask the face of terror and grief. You don't know when he'll come back, AND it'll be very hard trying to find a job, due to you being a woman. But, you prayed that this situation will only last for a little while...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whale, I think I did better! Hope ya'll Liked it! <3 you all

Smooches,

Jaja