The Bewitching of Autumn

You wake up one morning, sunshine rippling into the room. After leaving your bed and cleaning up, you look out the window to the magnificent colors of fall. The shades of red and orange caught your attention and left you in awe. Haven't seen autumn in years, you stare outside for twenty minutes or so, for what seemed like hours.

Mrs. Lovette knocks on the door, then opens it slighty.

"Hey Ms. Barker, breakfast's is ready, your child is asking for you."

"I'll be down," you reply with a smile.

After putting on your clothes for the day, you exit the room and go down the stairs, only to find a ..... odd setup for breakfast. There's a "meat" (Or what you think is meat) pie sitting in the middle of the table. You being scared to even try that thing, you sit next to your child, who is also has a face of fear from inspecting the pie.

Mrs. Lovette sees you two staring at the pie, and yells, "Well it's not poisonous, try it! One of my special recipes." The smiles she gives brings you a presence of mischief. Once after you cut the pie into small pieces, you tell your daughter, Joanna," Don't worry sweety, I'll try it first."

Your movements are normal, but cautious. "What if she actually poisoned this pie," you say to yourself. 
You cut a piece of the slice with your utensil, slowly bringing it to your mouth. Then, after for what seemed like hours of it sitting on your lip, you slide the piece into your mouth.

______________\
Hello my fellow readers! Super sorry for the not updating! I have had to do so much in the few months and have been very down. Please tell me if this chapter is okay. Thank you, and love you all!