Rough Times

5 years have passed since your beloved Benjamin was sent off to prison, for absolutely no reason. Your past job didn't support you and Johanna, and then the Judge took you in. You were already bothered just from the request, but it was your only choice. During your stay, you tried writing to your husband in the prison, hoping for a response. After three weeks, you finally got a letter from Ben.

The letter went:

My dear wife,

It's been five years since I have held you in my arms, me being your guardian through the rough times. I heard you have moved in with the same person who sent me off... but it was your only choice. I wish you didn't, but I know that you had to. As long as he's not harming you in any way, I will manage. This letter has to be short due to how much ink I have right now. I love you so much, and I hope I get to call you mine again.

Your husband,

Benjamin

You were so heart broken just by the way he wrote. The writing looked a lot different, maybe even a little on the depressed side. You began to cry, just from thinking about how he would've felt at that moment. You heard footsteps coming towards you and Johanna's room, so you quickly hid the letter. The Judge's apprentice opens the door, his smell very unpleasant. "The judge is looking for you, Madam," he says with a sickening grin.

"Oh, tell him I'll be down in a few, just need to change Johanna," you reply.

"I can do i-"

"I need to change my daughter, out!"

"I'm very sorry, I will tell him as soon as I can."

He quickly exits the room, leaving you to think of an escape plan from this hell you call "home." After thirty minutes, you quickly grab all of the money the Judge gave you, a few pairs of clothes, and Johanna, and exit through the window. Oh, how you were so happy to leave that place. You ran as fast as possible down the street, never looking back. A few minutes passed by, and you were already out of town, in a rural area. You find a small cottage, and you knock on the door. The door opens to the face of your favorite person....

Mrs. Lovett.

Johanna grips your arm tightly, you letting her do so.

"Hello Mrs. Lovett, do you remember me?"

"Oh course, darling! Mr. Barker's wife?"

"Yes, yes! I have a favor I really need. I've been looking all over to find somewhere to live, and this is my last option."

"Well, then make yourself at home! I've been wondering when I could find another helper for this house." She smiles at you, making you feel safe.

You walk into he home, happy for the plan having worked.

_________________________________________________

This is probably a really bad chapter, but I wanted to do a quick chap. so it would be updated. Love you all!

-Jaja