•3 Coffee

While I was sitting on the couch with my laptop again (such a surprise), I saw Connor walking by.
He looked at my tree again, extremely interested, again. I was looking at him while he was looking at the tree.
He took out his phone again. I was wondering why he was taking pictures of it again, since it took him 2 whole minutes yesterday. Then I saw him looking in my direction, we looked each other straight in the eyes. I decided to open the door and invite him in for a cup of coffee. So I jumped off the couch, ran to the door and opened it. Connor was still staring at the tree.
"Beautiful tree you have here" he said to me. 

"Do you want to come in for a cup of coffee? We could talk about the tree if you're interested in that." I asked him. He nodded yes, but seemed to remember what Kevin said and then said: "No, thanks" as he shook his head. I sighted, and tried again: "It'll be fine, really, Kevin won't see us." Connor nodded, with I little bit fear in his eyes, but then decided to come in. 

While I made him coffee, he told me about Minnesota. He told me that he missed it already, because he had lots of friends there, and he had to start all over again here. And that he wasn't looking forward to that, because he was socially awkward (I relate) and he just wanted to stay inside all day to watch YouTube and scroll through Tumblr. "Are you an internet kid too?" I asked happily, but giving myself a weird look by using the word 'internet kid' in real life. I realized I actually never did that. "Yeah, I could call myself that. As you consider staying up late and scrolling through Tumblr all night as being an internet kid, yes." "Instagram is okay too" I said, as I nodded my head.

"Do you watch a lot of YouTube?" I asked, secretly hoping he'd recognize me. "Yes, actually. I love Superwoman, Zoella, Joe and Caspar, Dan and Phil, Amanda and lots and lots of more people, but I don't know if you know those?"

I probably did.

"Yes! Yes I do! I love them!" I squealed

He smiled at me.

"I watch lots of YouTubers too, like, a. lot. Too much, actually." I giggled.

I gave him a cup of coffee and put mine down too. I sat down next to him at the kitchen table. I sipped at my coffee. I was still hoping he'd recognize me, since he watches YouTube a lot and maybe he likes my video's or at least knows me. But on the on the other hand, I'd be soooo awkward. Like, major level awkward. Because he'd already know things about me I maybe don't even want him to know.

My friends don't know I have a YouTube channel. I just thought I'd be better if they didn't know. But maybe I could tell Connor?
No, not yet.

I stood up and that made my back ache. It was because Kevin punched me there earlier this day, and I felt a bruise coming up. 

"What's wrong?" Connor asked
"It's fine, don't worry" I said. 
He looked worried, and insisted to know what hurt me. I told him that Kevin hurt me earlier that day.

"When? I didn't even notice!"
"When I was talking to you, but it's no problem you didn't notice. He's really sneaky when he does things like that. I'd give you the advice not to hang out with him, but I guess you're trapped."
"I could just have lunch with you and your friends, but I don't think I'm brave enough for that. I'll just have to have lunch with them." Connors green eyes were full of fear. I patted him on the back awkwardly, as I am.

"It'll be fine" I tried to tell him, knowing that they wouldn't hurt him as long as they were 'friends'.

"Sure" he sighted. "Sure."

I picked up my cup to get an other coffee, asking if Connor wanted an other one too. He said he wasn't thirsty anymore.

So I put coffee in my mug, and sat at the table again. We were just silent for a moment.

"It's just that, back at Minnesota everything was so nice and people were so kind and just everybody was okay with everybody. And over here I immediately bump into people who are homophobic, mean and beat people up. I don't like it here." He decided.

"It's nice in here, believe me. Really. But you just have to find the right people. And I can tell you, Kevin and friends aren't the right people."

"It sucks. I don't like it."
"I get it. But it'll be fine. I could show you Perth this weekend if you want to?"
"That'd be amazing!" Connor exclaimed.
"Okay, what day? Is Saturday fine for you?"
"Yeah that's fine. But Troye..."
"Yeah? If you don't feel like it, it's fine you don't have to, it just...."
"No, no I'd love to discover Perth with you! But it's just that I'd rather not talk to you and your friends at school, you know."
"That's okay, I get it." I sighted, slightly sad about him not wanting, or more like being able to have lunch with me at school. Because Kevin is and asshole and I am gay.
Life is great. Ugh.

"I gotta go home, my mom will get worried otherwise. I'm looking forward to the weekend though!"
"That's okay" I said as I walked to the front door with Connor. I watched him pulling on his jacket, putting on his shoes. I openend the door for him and smiled at him. He smiled back.

"See you tomorrow at school, then!" I said, as I weaved after him.

"See ya" and he weaved back.

Instagram *connorfranta started following you.*