Past Times Chapter Five

>> Star Mall ( Floral Shop ) << 8:50AM

Member of AngelBeats, Megan: " Which flowers do you think the girls would like this year, Caleb? "

Megan's Brother, Caleb: " I think Sabrina and Britney would be happy with any flowers you choose. As long as it's from you. "

Megan: " I guess you're right. Go help me look around for a suitable batch then. "

Caleb glances his eyes to see fresh-cut, abundant roses . It had a very distinctive fragrant. Captivated, Caleb walks over to grab them.

Caleb: " Hey Sis, what about these? "

As he places his hands on the bouquet, another hand also seized it at the exact same time.

Caleb: " Oh, I'm sorry. I just- "

Caleb saw a girl with luminous, light pink hair. She had bright cyan eyes that widened as she notices Caleb. She wore loose clothes, with a snapback to pull it off.

Caleb: " Faith? "

Faith: " C-Caleb.. "

Caleb: " It's been...awhile.. "

Faith: " yeah.. " -shifts eyes away from Caleb-

Megan: " What flowers did you fi- "

Megan: " F- Faith..? "

Faith: " Oh...you're shopping with your sister.. " -triggered-

Caleb: " Um..yeah. We're buying flowers for Britney and Sabrina... Since it's the anniversary and all.... "

Britney's sister, Faith: " I know... After all.. It's my sister who died three years ago. Not your's. "

Caleb: " What? Faith that's not- "

Faith: " Must be nice to still have your sister, while mine lays in a graveyard, buried six feet into the ground. " Her eyes went dull ,yet she was still angry.

Megan couldn't help ,but feel as if it was really unfair of her to live and have Britney's and Sabrina's family to suffer.

Faith: " It's so unfair...Why did your sister get to live ,but not mine? "  Once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken, endless stream.

Megan: " Faith I... "

Faith: " Stop. I don't need nor do I want your pity, Megan. You let Britney die... If it were her, she would've never gave gave up. She would have never left all the efforts AngelBeats made go in vain! But you had to be the one to survive and ruin all the hard work by quitting! Why couldn't it have been you instead of her?! "

Caleb: " HEY! Now that's crossing the line Faith! My sister didn't decide on for that for that to happen. And she had her reasons for quitting... Look, I understand how you feel, but there's no reason to lash out on us like this. "

Faith: " You understand how I feel?  Drops slowly ran down her face. She had wiped them ,so much they were red and swollen.

Faith: " How could you possibly understand how I feel when you've never lost anything!? "

Megan: " Faith.. "

Faith: " STOP! I told you, I don't need your condolences! "

Faith pushes on the table , as the flower bouquet knocks over onto the floor.

Faith: " I have no reason to be close to you both anymore.... So just... Just stay out of my life! "

As she ran from Megan and Caleb, the tears in her eyes turned the rainy day into a whirlwind of grays and yellows.