Prologue

Thousands of years ago the kingdom of Athena was inhabited by Dragons and mortal beings. Dragons were the protectors of the kingdom and used their unique powers and strength to ensure safety to all citizens of Athena. Meanwhile the mortals kept order within Athena by keeping peace and enforcing the magic laws. The dragon people and mortals lived in harmony for decades until Queen Selene took the throne. Queen Selene was born a sorceress and was given the gift of sight at birth. When her father King Leopolde died suddenly of an unknown sickness Queen Selene was thrusted into the throne at 17 years of age. During the first part of her rule Queen Selene did wonders for the kingdom, she built a wall to protect the castle and the outer farming communities, and was very involved with the citizens of Athena. At the age of 20 Selene married a common man and the people of Athena loved King Henry. Henry became a symbol of equality for the people and along with Selene they made some of the most memorable rulers. After 3 years of a glorious rule Queen Selene had her first and only born child. Not long after Prince Charles was born, Selene had a vision that a descendant of the royal bloodline would use their dragon powers and destroy Athena. Selene decided to stop the existence of the dragon gene in the bloodline before it could happen. Queen Selene then publicly announced her vision and set in law that all those with any trace of the dragon gene were to be killed to avoid the destruction of her beloved Athena. Three days after the announcement King Henry disappeared and never returned. For years every child born in Athena was tested right after birth for the dragon gene and those that test positive were killed. For the last 100 years Athena has lived in peace and without fear of the dragon gene for none have tested positive. At least that's what they thought...