Chapter 3 - Scotland

"Etheral it's time to wake up" whispers Daniel softly

Where am I?

As I open my eyes I feel my seat move from beneath me and for one second I am airborne. As soon as I am no longer airborne I quickly grab my seatbelt and tighten it to the right size. Once my seatbelt is on I release a breath I didn't know I was holding. I look up at the seatbelt sign to see it turned on.

"You look like a cat that just took a bath," laughs Mum

"Thanks Mum, I appreciate your support," I retort as I playfully stick my tongue out at her.

Mum smiles back at me with a grin on her face. I change my gaze to look at Daniel. Daniel is clinging to the seat with his nails. You can tell by the look on his face that he is panicked. Daniel and I have never really traveled all that much so it must be the turbulence that set him off.

"Daniel, are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm ok?" he exclaims

"Ok, well is there anything-"

"Attention all passengers, we are thirty minutes away from our final destination. We are starting our descent so you may feel some turbulence,"

"See Daniel the captain said that this little bit of turbulence is normal, you have nothing to worry about. Oh and by the way did that chair do anything to cause it looks like you're pretty angry with it," I grin

"Screw off!" Daniel replies without even looking at me

I look over at Mum expecting her to say something to find her fast asleep with her body folded over so her head rests on her knees. I shift my body back into my seat and turn on my TV screen. I take the remote to the screen out of my armrest and start looking through the movies hoping to find something good. After looking for a movie for five minutes I finally settle on The Notebook. I watch the first ten minutes of the movie before falling asleep.

"Etheral, it's time to wake up again," I hear Daniel say with a hint of annoyance in his voice

I open my eyes to see that we are the last people on the plane other than the flight attendants. Upon realizing this I quickly get out of my seat and grab all my stuff.

"Okay, I'm ready,"

"I don't think I've ever seen you wake up so quick," giggles Mum

I stick my tongue out at Mum before doing a quick look over my seat before making my way towards the exit. Daniel and Mum go down the other aisle and we meet at the exit. At the exit the crew greets us before getting off the plane. As soon as we get off the plane you could feel a blast of cold air coming from outside. As we walk I reach into my bag and grab my sweater. Once we get out of the jet bridge we make our way towards the closest screen to see where our luggage will be. The board displays that our luggage would be in the C wing of the airport. Once we know where our luggage will be we grab our carry-ons we make our way towards wing C of the airport. Lucky for us we were already in the right wing and just had to make our way to the luggage carousels. To get to the luggage carousels we had to go through customs first. Having made it off our plane late there wasn't much of a line at customs and got to make our way through very quickly. After customs we go and collect our luggage before making our way towards the exit. As we walked through the exit of the airport into the rainy Scottish weather. Looking around at my surroundings it truly hit me that I was in Scotland and not back home in Canada.