Chapter 5 - Diane

After 3 more hours of driving we come across a narrow passage that leads to a large steel gate with two guards standing at either end. Luis pulls up to the gate and one of the guards comes to his windows and signals him to roll it down. Luis obeys and the guards eyes go wide when they see my mother. The guard quickly nods at the other to open the gate and then glance back at my mum before backing away from the car. Luis then shifts into drive and we continue on our way down the winding road. Within five minutes of passing the gate we reach the house. Well really it's a mansion. In front of the house stands a fountain with a silver dragon statue in the middle of it. The house itself is made of a sand coloured stone complete with a black roof. At both ends of the house lies a tower with what seems to be a bedroom at the top. Behind the house I can barely make out a stable and a couple of horses in a pasture. Luis parks the car in front of the house and makes his way to the trunk and starts to unload our luggage.

"Are you going to just stay in the car?" Questions Daniel

"Yes I'm coming! Geez!" I reply while my eyes roll to the back of my head without my trying

As I step out the limo I see a lady standing at the door with black hair just like my own and a very sleek black gown with red sewn embellishments throughout. As her eyes catch my own she smiles at me looking almost giddy. Based on the colour of her hair I assume that this is the queen, my mother. I look back towards my brother and see him looking at the Queen as well before he looks at me and gives me a reassuring smile as though he's telling me that all is going to be fine. The minute my Mum sees the Queen she runs towards her and gives her a big hug before waving us towards her. Daniels makes his way to my side and together we make our way up the staircase towards the Queen and my Mum.

"Why hello Etheral and Daniel. I have been waiting for your return for 16 years now and I could not be happier that you are here" she says in a regal voice

"Well we're happy to be here" quickly replies Daniel

I try to come up with an answer but simply find myself tongue tied.

"Would be okay if I hugged both of you?" She asks the tentavely

"Yes of course" I reply

Before I know it the Queen has both Daniel and I swept up into a huge hug. Daniel and I look at each other and smile both knowing that she has been waiting 16 years in order to give both her children a hug. Once she releases us from her hug she invites us inside with my Mum at her side. As soon as we enter the house I notice the large wood staircase that spirals three times before reaching the next floor. After admiring the staircase I continue to follow the Queen into what seems to be a living room.

"Go ahead and take a seat on the couch" the Queen points towards a large white leather sofa

Daniel and I shrug at each other and take a seat on the couch. The Queen and my Mum take a seat on the couch opposite ours.

"So, I don't think I truly introduced myself. I'm Diane, Queen of Athena and your mother" informs Diane

I stare at her waiting for her to say something else because if I were to speak I know I would start to cry and I don't want to do that in front of my mother.

"Well it's nice to meet you and thank you for bringing us here" responds Daniel

I sit beside him and simply nod in agreement.

"Do you know why you're here?" Inquires Diane

"Well to meet you as well as because we are royalty of Anthea" I respond

"Well first of all its Athena Etheral and secondly you're mostly correct but you're here because you need to catch up on a lot of learning if Daniel is to take the throne and Etheral you are to be royal family. Because you have been hidden away in secret you don't know anything about Athena so before we bring you back we need to make sure you're taught everything you would need to know" explains Mum

"Alright so when do we start?" I inquire

"Right now" chimes in Diane looking at the archway we entered through

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies. I know it has been months since I lasted updated this story and for that I apologize. I'm in my final year of High School and lets just say that it's been kicking my butt. Not to mention the intense writers block I've had. I have up to Chapter 8 Written so at least for now I'm going to post a new chapter every other week. I love hearing your guys's feedback so don't be shy and post a comment! I will try and answer as many of them as I can! Thanks so much for being patient with me and this book. Hope you enjoy!