Chapter Six - Some Arrogant Jerks Just Have Good Hearing

~Chapter Six - Some Arrogant Jerks Just Have Good Hearing~

“I think I’m gonna be sick,” Jessica informed the group, gagging with an arm wrapped around her torso, her blond hair straggling around her face as she wretched. Her hair had somehow fallen out of its’ ponytail, and hung around her heart-shaped face in loose straggles.

            River’s eyes flickered at her, before he resumed his pacing. He seemed not to care in the slightest for her nauseous state.

            So far everyone had been silent, sitting in the food court and staring at the ground as the truth dawned on us 

            The sick killer was hunting us down.

            It was only seven at night, and yet I was exhausted as if it were three am in the morning and I’d had a long, exhausting day. Due to the amount of stress, my eyelids drooped and my head pounded, feeling like it weighed a ton.

             We had only been stuck in here three hours, and we had at least another twelve to wait before we had any hope of somebody coming to our rescue.

            “Guys, we need to figure out a plan,” Jason told us all, standing up and meeting each of our eyes. So far he was handling it the best out of all of us. It wasn’t in a suspicious way, though. Just like he was trying to stay strong for all of us. He was the only one really putting in any effort to try and save us.

            “I’ve seen two dead bodies in the last two hours,” Brad chimed in, rubbing his temple. “You think we’re ready to figure out a plan?”

            “So, what?” Jason said, crossing his muscular arms over his broad chest. “We’re just gonna sit around and wait for this psychopath to come and hunt us down? No, we’re not. First is the rule that no one goes out alone. We go in groups of at least three. Okay?”

            “Jason’s right,” River told us, turning to face us. His bright blue eyes flashed in the dim lighting of the food court. “We can’t mope around. We can do that once we get out. But right now we need to focus. Otherwise we’re all gonna end up like Travis and that other girl.”

            “So what are we supposed to do?” Jessica asked, sneering slightly, her bubblegum-pink lips pulling up at the corners to reveal her perfectly white teeth. “We’re a group of teenagers, a stoner and a mall cop. We’re not a SWAT team. Be serious, River.”

            River’s fists clenched and I could tell he was trying to hold onto his patience. His knuckles turned white, and he took in a deep, sharp breath through his nose, as if trying to retain his patience.

            “What else are we supposed to do, Jess? Call the police? We have to do something. There is some twisted little psycho running around killing people, and we’re not gonna be next, alright? Who knows, he might be listening right now.”

            The thought sent chills down my spine.

            “River, think about this,” Jessica pleaded, her voice nasally and thick from crying. “We can’t just run in and fight the guy.”

Fallen Raine {Completed}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें