chapter 5

benny's pov

it was about 9 o'clock and I had been looking for her all around town but then I remembered something.

she did live really close to me and I kinda remembered which street she went down so I decided to give it a shot.

i didn't even know why I wanted to find her but I just did, I wanted to apologize at least for what my friends.

i finally arrived to the house that I thought was hers and knocked on the door.

i waited a couple seconds but a woman who looked like and older,tired, version of arsenia answered the door.

she gave me a confused look, " can I help
you", she questioned, looking me up and down in a judging way. the apple didn't fall too far from the tree I'm assuming.

i cleared my throat, "is arsenia home?", I looked up at her hoping she would say yes.

"yes she's upstairs", she turned toward the stairs by the door and yelled, "arsenia!! you have a visiter!! come down stairs!!". she shut the door leaving me there standing on their front porch.

a couple moments later arsenia opened the door. she had her hair in a bun and pajamas on without any make up. she looked better without makeup. she looked beautiful and raw, almost like a goddess.

focus, benny. you came here for a reason.

she looked at me and crossed her arms over her chest, "why are you at my house, rodriguez?", she questioned.

i glanced down, for some reason her glare was making me extremely nervous. "I just wanted to apologize for how my friends acted today, there just not used to a pretty girl, I mean, girl hanging out with us so it was new to them and-yeah", I explained.

she nodded her head and sighed,"well, I forgive you, you knuckle head", she let out a small laugh and I made a sigh of relief. that was the arsenia I liked.

well I mean, liked as a person not like like. I don't like like her, I only like like baseball, but you get the point.

i smiled, "well I'll see you tomorrow I guess", I started to walk away.

"wait , benny!", she called as she stood at her front door.

i turned around and cocked my head.

"thank you, for apologizing", she smiled back and I nodded my head as I put my baseball hat back on.

"i'll see you tomorrow", I said and looked back up at her porch but she was already gone and I was talking to myself.

i walked all the way back home just thinking, and anticipating tomorrow.

i actually enjoyed her company, and to think that only a week ago I hated her and now my view has completely changed.

i collapsed on my bed looking up at the ceiling, trying to imagine her standing on her front porch again, with her bare baby face and swollen lips. or they were just naturally that plump, i never payed attention to that.

arsenia's pov

i laid on my bed looking up at my ceiling with glow in the dark stars taped to it.

i was actually glad benny came to my house and apologized, I guess I like when people chase after me, it makes me feel better about myself.

i heard a knock on my bedroom door and sat up, "come in", I mumbled.

my mom opened my door and stood at the frame of it.

"arsenia who was that? was that your boyfriend?", she questioned me and I rolled my eyes.

"nessuna madre, lui è solo un ragazzo", I sighed as I flopped back down onto my bed. (no mother, he's just some boy).

my mom say at the edge of my bed and looked at me with her tired eyes, she had been working since early this morning and just got home.

"i know lately you haven't wanted to open up
to me, il mio amore. but I'm always going to be here, I know I work a lot but I want to make time for my daughter too. we haven't even spoken this much in a month.", my mom started to tear up. i looked away. whenever she cried, I cried. (my love)

"mama, I'm telling truth. me and him just have to do some work together this summer, he's barely a friend, he's barely anything to me", I said, getting frustrated.

"calmiti, and what work are you talking about? you never work?", she questioned furrowing her eyebrows. (calm down)

i looked at my hands that were in my lap, "mama, go to sleep. I know you're tired, don't worry about me, I'm gonna be fine. I'm always fine.", I tried to put my best fake smile on.

my mom smiled a small, tired smile at me,
"insieme per sempre?", she questioned as she held out her pinky finger. (together forever)

i wrapped my pinky around her's,
"insieme per sempre.", I reassured her.

she kissed me on the forehead and turned off my lights, leaving me alone to let my thoughts consume me once again.

the next day; benny's pov

i was in the middle of getting lectured by mr. bruce when arsenia walked in, rubbing her tired eyes.

"arsenia, I was just in the middle of telling benny how you will get an extension of your community service since you both decided to skip yesterday. I'm very disappointed in both of you", mr. bruce said as he sighed and arsenia sat down quietly in the seat next to me.

"so how long is the extension?", I questioned glancing over at arsenia who sunk deeper into her chair as she let out a yawn.

"only one week", mr. Bruce explained,"but I trusted you kids and you let me down. you let all the kids at miss valerie's daycare down."

"i'm sorry", I mumbled and arsenia nodded in agreement.

he sighed again, "well you better get down there and apologize to them, not me. now shoo!!", he ushered us out of his office leaving me and arsenia alone, again.

"sooo..", I said awkwardly as I stuffed my hands in my pockets walking out of the police station into the sunlight.

she looked over at me and put her hand over her forehead to block the sun out of her eyes,"do you wanna ditch again", she smiled a mischievous grin.

"and do what?", I asked, confused by her sudden change in personality.

"well we could walk into town, there's a bunch of restaurants I've been dying to try. or we could go the movies, whatever you wanna do", she shrugged, with that grin still plastered across her face.

a thought popped into my head and I grinned back at her, "i have a better idea, cmon!", I grabbed her wrist and lead her to where I wanted to go.

arsenia's pov

"ok now open your eyes!", he exclaimed from behind me as I took my hand off from my eyes.

"the boardwalk? this was your idea?", i said laughing.

"there's no lines in the mornings, trust me arsenia. and they have the best funnel cakes I've ever tasted", he grinned like a little boy. i'll admit, that was probably the cutest thing he could ever do.

"okay", I agreed slowly,"take me to these funnel cakes", and with that he grabbed my wrist and pulled me along as he guided us to a stand on the boardwalk.

today was going to be interesting.

AYE AYE AYE
this book has like 260 reads I love y'all omfbdn thanks for all the comments and love 💞

and just so y'all know Benny and arsenia are like 16 lmao bc I'm not gonna write about lil kids!!!

but pls comment and vote thANKYOUBLESSSSS