chapter 8

this picture is everything. truly, honestly im...shook.

arsenia

after community service, me and Benny decided to go get dinner because we were both hungry. and he had offered to pay.

we stopped at this diner called Ruby's, they had the best breakfast food ever.

"a booth for 2 please", benny said to a waitress as she guided us to a booth by a window.

we sat down and the waitress handed us our menus so we could have enough time to order.

"get whatever you want", benny said as he looked up from his menu and smiled at me.

"are you sure?", I questioned, "i don't want you to spend anything on me". my eyebrows furrowed as I looked up too.

"yes I'm sure", benny sighed, "i got you, don't worry". and with that he looked back down at his menu in the breakfast plates that they offered.

i blushed slightly at his words but hoped he wouldn't see the flush in my cheeks.

things between me and him were very interesting. i didn't think he liked me and I surely didn't like him but every time I try to convince myself that i would never be interested, my thoughts keep going back to the kiss.

i still don't understand why i did that. my actions have never been fairly reasonable though so I guess it's nothing I should be worried about.

i had been hanging out with benny so much lately that I hadn't had any girl time. my nails were literally 3 weeks old and desperately needed to be re done.

the last I had talked to my best friend, we had gotten in an argument. she hadn't even bothered to call me or ask if i was ok. but I didn't really care anymore, i could find some new friends.

maybe not. i'm starting to realizing a lot about myself. one of those things i've realized is that a lot of people aren't actually my friend, they're just scared of me.

i've never considered myself a threatening person but i guess other people do.

everyone likes benny on the other hand. it's so easy for him to make friends he's like so good with people and can start a conversation with anyone. including girls who always fall for his charm, he doesn't seem to notice though.

"are you ready to order", the waitress asked, snapping me out of my thoughts as i looked up at her.

she was giving benny flirtatious looks but he was too busy looking at the menu to notice, of course.

the waitress looked over at me as if to say she was waiting for either one of us to order.

i glared at her as i said, "i would like the french toast combo with orange juice".

she pursed her lips together as she wrote down my order and directed her eyes back to benny, giving him the dreamiest look ever.

i rolled my eyes and he looked up at me confused.

benny cleared his throat, "i would actually get the same thing as her, thank you".