chapter 12

this is sayria ^^^^^^

arsenia

i walked into my bedroom and closed my door gently, not wanting to wake my sleeping mother.

she had been working night shifts so that meant she sleeps all day and i have to cook dinner for her right before she heads off for another exhausting night.

i never understood what true love meant until now. my mother works 3 jobs at a time just to provide for me because my father chooses not to.

just a few months ago i would portray this rich and snotty disguise to hide from the fact that without my mom working her ass off, i would have nothing.

i used to talk to my old friend corin about this but she would just always suggest to ask family for help with money.

that could never become a reality when the rest of my family who lived in a small town in italy, were worse off than we were.

after this summer with benny , my personality completely changed and i made a lot of great new friends who showed me different aspects of the world that i've never thought of before.

other than my best friend monique, i had another great new friend named sayria.

sayria recently moved onto my street.

at first i didn't know how to feel about her, i mean she's really gorgeous and i wanted to be the only pretty girl on my street.

but it turns out, she was probably one of the most down to earth girls i've ever met.

in our town, it's almost unheard of for women to be single and raising their children by themself, but sayria was in almost the same position i was.

her mother and her immigrated here from puerto rico after her father died in a drug exchange.

she didn't really talk about her family that much, but neither did i, so we both understood each other.

she followed behind me and closed the door behind her as we sat down on my floor and plugged in my record player.

i want to hold your hand by the beatles had just come out this summer and my mom luckily had got me some of their hits on record.

sayria placed the record on the record player and laid down on the floor to look up at the ceiling as the song rang softly around my bedroom.

i did the same and closed my eyes as i let the sound of the beatles fill my ears.

"maybe benny is just trying to make you jealous?", sayria suggested, breaking the silence in the room.

i rolled over to face her and shrugged my shoulders,"i don't know about that, he is
molto stupido, or how do you say that in spanish?". (very stupid in italian)

sayria laughed, "you have to say muy estúpido, and roll the' s ' sound out. but it is very similar". (very stupid in spanish)

"yeah..", i said as i sighed and rolled back onto my back,"but do you really think that maybe me and him could have a chance?".

"bebé, listen, you've been talking about this boy for too long, if he doesn't make a move then you should, i mean, it sounds like you still really want him so why not?" sayria said comfortingly.

"i know, i know. it's just so difficult because he made me look stupid so many times and i don't know if i can take that chance again, shits embarrassing. especially when i try to give him a chance and people brag about how dumb i am and how benny did me in the past", i said as i sighed.

"c'mon", sayria said while standing up.

"where are you going?", i asked as i sat up from my bedroom floor.

"we're calling monique over here and she's going to make you go to benny's house and confess your undenying love for him", she said as she ran downstairs to use the only phone we had in our kitchen and rang up monique.

monique was over within a few minutes and she was pumped for the sayria's idea.

"why didn't i ever think about this before", monique pondered as she jumped up and sat on my kitchen counter.

i sighed and laughed a small laugh as i sat across from monique and sayria in my kitchen.

"you guys are really crazy, you know that?", i asked and they both looked at me and smiled.

"but you know we love you, a.", monique said as she patted my knee.

benny

"c'mon man you got to tell her one day or another", deNunez suggested as he spun around in a swivel chair by my desk.

"i know i know", i sighed,"but what if she doesn't feel the same way and then i'll looks stupid".

"well", he said as he stood up and sat across from me on my bed,"you never know until you try. you're out here breaking a poor girl's heart just for arsenia, i mean she must matter a lot".

i threw a foam baseball at my wall and caught it again for the 100th time, it was something i did when i was really nervous.

"so who do i tell first?", i asked deNunez.

"i mean if this were me, i would tell arsenia first because if she doesn't feel the same, then you would still have adrianne to bounce back on", he said and shrugged.

"wouldn't that be an asshole move though?", i asked as i furrowed my eyebrows.

"look, benny. you're already being and asshole by using adrianne to get arsenia back so that's out of the picture. since when did you start caring about adrianne's feelings anyway? you've been talking mess about her the second you asked her out", he said, and he did have a valid point. 

"well....true i guess", i said, not knowing what else to say.

deNunez stood up.

"get up benny".

"why?", i questioned him.

"we're going to arsenia's house and you're going to tell her how you really feel. i'm tired of watching my best friend not even motivated to play baseball anymore. you gotta tell her or i will", he said firmly.

"alright, alright", i agreed and put on my shoes and coat and deNunez did the same.

we walked down my stairs and opened the front door.

as we opened the door we saw a sight we weren't expecting.

arsenia, and he friends monique and sayria were standing right on my front porch.

OK HELLO YOU GUYS ITS BEEN A WHILE AND IM SORRY IVE BEEN SO BUSY W SCHOOL WORK AND STUFF BUT NOW IM BREAK
SO HOPEFULLY I CAN WRITE SOME MORE
KIND OF SHORT CHAPTER BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS
HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY/NIGHT
💗💗💗💗