chapter 14

benny

"adrianne , wha-what are you doing here?", i asked quickly.

"i could ask the same thing for you, benny", she said, obviously upset.

arsenia looked at my nervously and started to get out of the car,"i should go, i don't even know why i came", she mumbled as she opened the car door.

i tried to grab her hand but she quickly yanked it out of my reach.

adrianne gave arsenia a nasty look as she stepped out of my car and arsenia pushed past her as she gave me one last look and made her way back into my house through the garage, probably to get her belongings and friends.

"benny what the hell was all that? i come over to your house and see you making out with that hoe in your car?!?", adrianne exclaimed.

i slammed my car door and approached her reluctantly. she stood with her arms crossed and her eyes narrow.

"were you kissing, yes or no?", she asked me and i cleared my throat.

"adrianne, i can't hold this back any longer, im in love with arsenia and i can't be with you because....because i never loved you, okay? and i know that sounds cold but, she's the love of my life", i finally said all in one breath.

adrianne started to tear up, and i'll admit, it hurt to see what i had done to someone and i knew what i did was wrong but my mom once told me, love makes you do crazy things.

"so that's it? after everything i put into this relationship? it was all just fake? i tried my damn hardest benny and all for what, to make a girl jealous? you used me. and don't even try to apologize because i don't want to hear any excuses. i want to know why you're breaking my heart", she sobbed as she put her face in her hands an wiped the tear from her eyes before they fell to the floor.

i rubbed my forehead with my fingertips and sighed.

"adrianne you're a great girl and i'll admit, what i did was wrong but...i think you should leave."

she nodded slowly as she walked out of my garage and then i heard a door slam, which could've either been arsenia or adrianne.

i sighed and leaned against my garage door taking in everything that had just happened.

i decided to go find arsenia and try to explain and fix this hole i dug myself into.

arsenia

monique and sayria started the car and i was just about to open the car door when benny came out onto his driveway.

"arsenia can i please explain", he begged.

i looked back at my friends who nodded as if saying that they were okay with staying a little longer so i nodded too.

we walked together into his garage, once again, and i crossed my arms to look at him.

"what is it benny", i sighed.

"im just sorry...for everything. and she doesn't mean anything to me i've already explained that!", he said and i rolled my eyes.

"benny...", i started as i sat on the hood of his truck in his garage,"people aren't meant to be together forever you know?".

he nodded slowly as he hopped up onto the hood right next to me,"you think so?", he asked, genuinely.

"just like me and you. we met this summer and..it was probably one of the best experiences of my life. your soul changed mine benny, and i'm thankful for that but, i don't know benny we're just different".

benny looked at me perplexed, "so what are you trying to say? are you saying that this is over? after everything you can see that i did for you?".

i softly smiled at benny,"benny, you're a great man. in fact, you're a wonderful man. nobody wants to be the one that runs away, if you're lucky you're never going to see me again...so why don't you go and find some other girl who's not going to hurt you".

and with that, i hopped off the hood of his car to finally face him for the last time maybe.

he looked at me confused, "so what are you going to do arsenia? are you just never going to feel anything? how are you going to do that?", he managed to ask me while looking completely baffled.

"goodbye benny", i said and walked out of there without another word.

the drive home was silent and not one of us said a word as we awkwardly glanced at each other.

we pulled up to my house and got out.

"so what the hell happened in there?", sayria said, breaking the silence.

i shrugged and sat down on my front porch step, my friends following my actions.

"well we were talking, and everything seemed right to me. for like 3 minutes of course. and then his girlfriend, which i thought he had previously broken up with, burst through the door and started saying things. i don't really remember because i got out of there as fast as i could", i explained.

"so what happened next?", monique asked and sayria nodded along.

"so then we went back into his garage and i basically explained that...it's over between us".

monique gasped,"so..that's its?", she asked,"after all those months you spent thinking over him you're just going to give up".

"i mean she has a point...", sayria added in,"i thought you loved the boy and now you're just giving up on him like that".

i looked down at my hands and wiped a tear from my eyes.

"i don't know guys, what am i supposed to do?", he can't even make up his mind whether he wants me or not", i sighed and put my face in my hands.

sayria wrapped her arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to her,"hey don't cry, i'm proud of you for making a decision that's best for you. and that's the greatest thing you can ever do".

i nodded and gave her a quick hug.

i got up and said my goodbyes to them, i needed to figure out my own head.

WELL IM BACK GUYS AFTER A LONGGGGGG TIME. I'm sorry for not updating for a while, school and sports got in the way and i apologize but i'm back w a hella dramatic chapter!!

ALSO THANK U FOR 3K READS💗