Deceiver Island

Previously, on the Edge:

-Everyone arrived back on Berk, and a village meeting was held to find a plan of action. Tuffnut's troublemaking resulted in the formation of a plan, and now the Riders are headed to Heather's adoptive home, the Isle of the Deceivers. Viggo has finally learned of the Riders' escape, and is not pleased.

Hey readers, this is Tuffnut. In case you didn't know, and you probably didn't, I'm the actual author of this book. That Buffnut the Beserker guy is just one of my characters. I've been letting him write (because frankly I forgot how) but he's pretty bad at it so I'm forcing him to change his writing methods. I gotta go, it's Chicken's story time.

***

"Alright, guys. Checklist time," Hiccup announced to his riders who had just finished stuffing their dragons' saddlebags. He turned to Dagur and asked, "Weapons?"

"Check," the deranged chief replied.

"Ruff? Tuff?"

"Have no fear, Hiccup. Ruff and I have enough explosives to blow the whole island to Valhalla!"

"Good to know," he relied. "Anything else?"

Ruffnut responded, "Oh yeah, I have Tuffnut's disguise too."

"Great. Astrid, how about you?"

"I've got the food."

"Snotlout?"

"I have fourteen tubs of Nightmare gel."

"That sounds a little excessive."

"That's a good thing, right?"

Hiccup sighed and turned to Fishlegs.

"I have all my dragon cards, and some diorite. Before you ask, it's a rock that makes Meatlug's lava somewhat explosive."

Hiccup checked the last boxes off his checklist while saying "And I have the medical supplies and some spare peglegs and connecting rods for Toothless and me. Is everyone ready?"

"Of course we are. Let's just leave already," retorted Snotlout.

Hiccup ordered, "Alright, let's maintain a V formation to maximize speed." The riders had already taken off, whooping, cackling, and otherwise noisemaking. "Typical," he mumbled. Toothless grumbled in approval. "Let's catch up," Hiccup suggested.

Toothless leapt into flight with a roar, nearly knocking Hiccup out of his saddle. "YEAH!" the peg-legged teen shouted as he hurtled towards his friends at breakneck speed.

Once the night fury reached the rest of the Riders, Hiccup shouted "V FORMATION!" through the strong headwind. Everyone except Dagur headed to their pre-assigned position.

"Uh, Hiccup? Where do I go?" he asked.

Hiccup thought for a moment.

"Wherever you want, I guess. You could fly directly behind me or on one of the ends behind Fishlegs or Snotlout."

"Behind you sounds good," Dagur responded. "Death Killer, head on over between Astrid and the Twins and directly behind Hiccup."