ice cream.

unedited •

it was a white and pastel room, smelling of a sweet heaven, with little pale pink vintage booths and tables scattered around the space on the mint-green and white tiles. the counter stood at one end of the room, a beautiful, large, cold case filled with dozens of colorful flavors of creamy, freezing sweetness, from vanilla mint to mango and butter rum raisin.

and behind it stood a boy with short, brown-sugar hair and big, melted-chocolate eyes, with rosy cheeks and plump strawberry lips, with his beautiful head in his hands as he leaned against the faux-marble counter. his name was tyler. he hummed a tune, high out of his chest, and closed his eyes, long eyelashes fluttering, and opened his eyes only when he heard the high tinkle of the bells on the doorway, signaling that a new customer had come in.

tyler raised his head immediately, bringing a sweet smile to his delicate face, and said, "hi there!" as the person cam in, corralling a little girl towards the counter. her eyes were lit up at the sight of all the ice creams laid out before her, and she ran up, pressing her hands the the smooth, cold glass of the case. "joshy! look at all the ice-cweams!" she squealed, motioning for the taller boy--josh--to come over.

josh walked over, running a hand through his pale pink hair, and kneeled down next to the little girl, looking at her with so much love that it blew tyler away. with affection, he leaned forward to press a tiny, raspberry kiss to her forehead, and he said, "take whatever flavor you want, ash." and she said, "can I pwease try the chocolate?" directing the question towards tyler.

Tyler smiled and said, "of course!", scooping a small amount of the chocolate onto a little spoon and handing it to her. he looked back at what he assumed was her older brother, and blushed. he was gorgeous, really, with slanted eyes filled with warm butterscotch, a toned figure tyler could see easily through his thin shirt, and a head of beautifully colored bubblegum-pink hair.

"uh, would you, um, like to try anything, sir?" he stuttered out, cursing himself for tripping on the words. josh looked up, smiling widely as he saw the pretty ice cream boy. "yeah, I sure would like to try some things with you," he said smoothly, smirking as he saw tyler's eyes go wide and he flushed watching even more, his hands flying up to smooth invisible wrinkles in his white and pink apron.

he couldn't have meant that. oh, God, I'll just ignore it, this is so embarrasing, tyler thought, his mind racing. he kept his eyes down, and choked out, "uh, our special flavor today is thin mints and cream, so um." josh's smile widened as he watched the sweet boy become a blushing mess, and held out a hand, saying, "I'll take a cone of that, please, kitten," watching as tyler stopped dead at the pet name and stared at him, cherry-syrup cheeks flaming and he was definitely crossing his legs slightly under that adorable white and pink apron of his. he suddenly snapped to work, his arms shaking as he hurriedly scooped up some of the milky coldness onto one of their specialty sugar cones.

"s'cuse me, mister, I know joshy is great and all but I asked for my cone first and it's not really fair, so," came the little girl's voice, tinged with a sweet childlike annoyance. tyler snapped to attention, pulling himself together like the working "professional" he was and gliding over to her, trying to ignore the small problem that was building down south. he smiled down at her with an innocent, sugar-white set of teeth, and said, "sorry. what's your name, ice cream princess?" she beamed up at him, puffing up and proclaiming that her name was ashley and she was definitely the princess of ice cream and she wanted a chocolate one, please. he ignored Josh's chuckle as best he could and made her cone extra carefully, placing a few crown sprinkles on the top for good measure.

as he handed both treats to the pair, he rung them up on the register, desperately trying not to make eye contact with josh because then he would start blushing for the thousandth time, which would not be good. "that'll be $6.87 p-please," he said, falling apart again as josh handed him a fricking hundred dollar bill and also a slip of paper that was definitely not money. "keep the change, angel. also, tyler. call me if you want," josh said, smiling as he pulled ashley out the door and into the sunny outside.

tyler was left at his pastel-colored counter, listening to the doorbell tinkle as they walked out. he held the paper in his hands, the number twinkling at him. he felt flushed, warm, as if someone had replaced his veins with a soft heat, and he smiled lightly. he picked up his rose gold iphone and began dialing.

hope that was okay!! school starts soon and I'm not ready kms but here's some simple, badly written fluff for you.