drops. ii

sorry for not updating in 20903902 years !! i've been horrifically busy with finals and trying to set up my best friend with the boy he has been in love with for a year and watching my norwegian tv shows. i will do my absolute best to start updating more. 

tyler had been sleeping, soundly, mind you. his body curled among his white pillows, the fluffy white blanket he loved so much wrapped around his legs so as not to let his small body overheat. until he was woken slightly from soft taps at his window. an unmistakable sound of rocks hitting the glass.

though a part of him was mildly flattered that someone was getting his attention in such a romantic way, his tired mind not guessing who it was, tyler tended to be very cranky when he woke up. he let out a tiny squeak of annoyance and snuggled deeper into the covers, wrapping his ears in the material. but the taps just got more and more insistent, until tyler threw off his covers in a huff, setting his white-socked feet on the floor and standing up. 

he, clad in only his white shorts and a thin tee-shirt, was shaking a little as he stepped outside, ready to give this person a piece of his mind and a well-placed foot stomp. but he stopped short when he saw that it was just joshua, his hair slicked but curling on the edges, sitting in a huge pile of blankets and miscellaneous throw pillows. an old electric lantern stood next to the pile, and he sat in the middle, a huge smile on his face and a few small rocks in his hand. tyler sucked in a breath.

this was the most unbearably sweet and cliche thing anyone had ever done for tyler, and his heart was melting, but he was not someone you could just wake up at any time of the night. even if you made a gorgeous pillow fort and looked like you came right out of a calvin klein catalogue. 

tyler crossed his arms in the door of his house, setting his face into a firm pout. "that was rude, joshua dun. you could have broken my window, and i was sleeping! i thought your mama raised you ri-" but joshua was standing up and laughing his head off as he scooped tyler up and set him down among the pillows. tyler thought about fighting him and realized that: one, he would lose instantly, and two, this blanket pile was very comfortable and he was not about to leave it when the boy of his dreams was sitting in it with him.

tyler fought the smile coming onto his pink lips and punched joshua's arm with the little force he had. josh feigned intense pain, flopping back into the pillows and groaning, engulfed in a cloud of comforter material, dragging tyler with him, both of them giggling.

and then they were tickling each other, tyler squealing and laughing as josh tickled his sides and his neck. the half-hearted "stop it, joshua!" exclamations spilling from tyler's mouth. as the laughing died down they found each other stealing looks at each other, their cheeks cherry-red and their bodies tangled.

 joshua laced a gentle hand around the back of tyler's neck and visibly gulped. tyler realized the older boy's body was shaking with the force of keeping himself back from the brunette. he was trying so hard to accommodate tyler's pace and needs, and he was absolutely, suddenly infatuated.

"y-you can kiss me, joshua," tyler whispered, his eyes filled with stars. "are you sure?" breathed the other boy, as if he couldn't quite believe it. tyler leaned forward and pressed his lips to joshua's in a chaste kiss.

it began to rain.

that was rushed and bad but i wanted to publish something, so.