Chapter 3

Cassie whipped her head over to Harry, who looked like a deer caught in headlights. What was happening? This was impossible. How did her name come out of that Goblet?!

Hermione had gotten Harry to stand up and was now trying to get Cassie up, as well. Cassie looked over to Ben. He was staring at her with a look of...all sorts of emotions. 

He looked shocked. In disbelief. Most of all, he looked betrayed.

"Ben," she breathed. "Ben, I--." She was cut off when Dumbledore shouted, "Cassandra Hansen!" Hermione grabbed her by the shoulders and hauled her up, while hissing, "For God sakes, you and Harry are the same!" 

Cassie tumbled on to the floor and started slowly walking just a few feet behind Harry. The school shouted at them and booed the two. 

Her and Harry got up to Dumbledore and looked at the papers with their names on them. "They cheated!" Someone shouted. "They ain't even seventeen yet!" Her and Harry took their names and started walking to where the other champions had gone.

"Harry," Cassie said. "Harry, how is this happening?" He shook his head, still in a state of shock and told her, "I don't know. You didn't have someone do it...did you?" She scoffed at him and shouted, "No! I don't even care about this thing, so why would I want to be in it!"

Suddenly, Dumbledore and every single one of the Hogwarts teachers came quickly down the stairs and heading straight towards them. They both backed up into some clamored armor. Dumbledore took Harry by the collar of his shirt and kept asking if he put his name in the Goblet, but Harry kept denying it. 

Dumbledore then pointed to Cassie and asked, "What about you? Did you?" She furiously shook her head and told him, "No, Professor!" Dumbledore backed away and Cassie helped Harry stand up straight from being pushed back further into the armor. 

"Both of you...back to your common room," Dumbledore ordered. Harry took Cassie's hand and quickly led her back to the common room. They walked in and saw everybody waiting for them. Every head turned and every pair of eyes were seething into them. 

Cassie caught Ben's eye, but he quickly averted his gaze to the floor. 

Without saying anything, Harry led them through the crowd of angry Gryffindor's. Hermione followed Cassie up to their room, while Neville followed Harry. Everyone else stayed down and muttered theories to themselves. 

"This doesn't make any sense," Hermione said, as Cassie sat down on her bed. "Who could have put your name in there? I know you didn't because we've been studying together everyday after class and you're usually with Ben once we're done. You don't know any age charmers, not even I do."

With shaky hands, Cassie wiped the tears that had fallen down her cheeks. "Have you spoken to Ben?" She asked. Hermione sat down next to her with a sad sigh. "He's upset, very upset. I tried to get him to come around, but...he thinks you put your name in. He doesn't know why or how, but that's what he thinks. I've never seen him so angry."

Cassie nodded and sniffled. "I think I'm just going to go ahead and get some sleep," she said. "Maybe things will be better in the morning."

**

Rita Skeeter was possibly the worst human being Cassie had ever met. She was touchy, she didn't have a filter, and she didn't care about the effects of what she said to people. That was apart of being a journalist, she supposes. 

The photoshoot of the five champions took a lifetime, but when it was finally over, it was time for interviews. No one volunteered, so Rita asked which one was the youngest between Cassie and Harry.