Chapter 8

"Cassie....Cassie..." Cassie twitched in her sleep. The voice she was hearing was...so soft, yet...harsh. It's almost like it was hissing her name. "Cassie..." She twitched once more, but wasn't showing any signs of waking up soon. 

As she was sleeping, she only saw darkness, but then a giant house came into view. She was walking through this house, following the voices that she could hear coming from upstairs. She quietly climbed each step, until she reached the top floor and saw a light coming through the cracked door down the hall. 

She carefully walked over to it and looked through the crack. "We have found the boy," that soft, yet harsh, hissing voice said, "now where is the girl?" Cassie furrowed her eyebrows and watched as a snake slithered around a chair where the voice was coming from. 

Suddenly, two people came into view. One handsomely creepy looking man with a long coat and the other one she knew to be Peter Pettigrew. She remembered him from last year. But what was he doing here?

"My Lord, the girl...she's here." The eyes of the handsomely creepy man then shot up to her. Cassie quickly backed away, but then Pettigrew opened the door and that hissy voice said, "Let me see her."  Pettigrew went to pick up whatever was in the chair, but then Cassie quickly woke up, gasping for breath. 

She quickly looked around and saw she was back in the girl's dormitory again. What in the hell did she just dream about? What was that house? Who was that man? Why was Pettigrew there and about to pick up that...thing?

As quietly as she could, she got up and put on her robe before walking out and going to the common room. She sat herself on the couch with a loud sigh. Things have been especially weird lately. She's having odd dreams, she sometimes hears that voice in her head when she's awake. 

She didn't know what was going on. She wanted to tell Ben, but she knew he would think that she's crazy. Anyone would. As she was trying to calm herself from the bizarre dream, she heard one of the doors open upstairs and saw Harry coming down the stairs. 

"Harry," she said. "What are you doing up?" He walked over and sat down next to her. "I could ask you the same," he said. She curled up to him and sighed. "I had the weirdest dream. I don't know what to make of it...but one of the voices in there, I...I hear it all the time. Even when I'm awake. That's weird isn't it?"

He looked down at her and said, "It is weird, but...oddly enough I have the same experience sometimes. And I have been having odd dreams as well. I told Dumbledore about it, but he told me not to linger on them, told me to just 'cast them away'. Maybe you should do the same."

She nodded and said, "I'll try. It's just so weird. Peter Pettigrew was in it." Harry shot his head towards her and asked, "Wormtail? Cassie, tell me about this dream."

If things couldn't get anymore weird tonight, it just did when Harry expressed how he had the exact same dream. He told her that one of the men there was Barty Crouch Jr. and that the thing in the chair was Voldemort. That sent an uneasy feeling through her. 

"He said, 'We have found the boy, now where's the girl'. Barty Crouch Junior told him I was there and Voldemort said he wanted to see me. What does all of this mean, Harry? What do I have to do with him?"

Harry was bewildered himself and wasn't sure what to say. "I don't know," he told her. "Whatever it is...I can't imagine it being good."