Chapter 4

How does one fight off a dragon guarding a golden egg? Cassie had no idea. She was going to use her wand to get her broomstick, as was Harry, but she didn't have a game plan other than that. She just prayed that death wasn't apart of it. 

After pacing nervously in the tent, she decided to peak her head out and see how many people were here. There were a lot. Some had banners for Victor and Fleur, Cedric, and even some for her and Harry, which was reassuring. 

Another reassurance was when she spotted Ben in the audience. He was sitting next to Hermione and Ron. He looked so handsome in his thick black coat and Gryffindor scarf; she wishes she could just talk to him before she went out.

Cedric already went out and won. Victor was next and he got his egg, too. Fleur was currently battling her dragon and Cassie was next. Her and Harry didn't speak for the time they were in the tent alone together. 

They were too busy concentrating on what they were going to do to stay alive. 

It was quite obvious when Fleur was done catching her egg because the audience went wild and Cassie was more nervous than she's ever been these past few days. She looked over at Harry, who gave her a nod with an encouraging look. 

She took a deep breath and stood up, standing at the opening of the tent. "It is my pleasure to announce our fourth contestant," Dumbledore's voice loudly called. "Our fourth and second to last champion is....Cassandra Hansen!"

Cassie closed her eyes and took her final deep breath. She then opened her eyes and walked straight out into the small and rocky tournament field. Everyone was clapping around her, some booing (especially Malfoy and his gang of morons) making everything a little overwhelming. 

When she looked up at Ben, she saw him staring intently at her while moving to the edge of his seat. A relieved smile appeared on her face. At least he seemed worried. 

After a few moments, everything went silent and she was almost at a loss of what to do. She started walking and saw the golden egg once she got around a gigantic rock. She let out a small breath and started walking to it. 

That's when she felt a gust of hot air come towards her. 

She turned to her right and saw a giant ball of fire coming straight at her. She immediately dove behind a rock next to her, just barely missed being burned alive. Once the fire stopped coming at her, she started sprinting towards the egg, but her dragon saw that coming. 

It whipped around it's tail and smacked her straight back against the hard wall. She slid down to the ground with a hard thud and tried to get up again, but couldn't. Her dragon was walking straight towards her with a hungry look in its eyes. 

"Cassie!" She heard a familiar deep voice shout. She looked up and saw Ben practically leaning over the railing. "Your wand! Your wand!" He frantically shouted with the fear of God in his eyes. Cassie quickly, but painfully, took out her wand. 

She pointed it up and shouted, "Accio, Firebolt!" She had the same broom as Harry because she begged her parents to get her one when she saw Harry's at the end of last year. It was her birthday present and it could probably save her life. 

The broom could be heard swooshing towards the arena in the distance, but in the meantime, she had to run from the dragon's attempt to fry her. She mustered up all of her strength and ran once again towards the egg just in time for the fire to hit the spot she was sitting at.