Chapter 10

Cassie groaned into the hard ground that she had harshly landed on. She didn't hear any cheers or music...she heard crows and owls. And she felt cold. Really, very cold. She looked up and saw herself in front of a very large gravestone. 

She looked around and saw nothing but gravestones. Where was she? "Harry?" She called. "Cedric?" Suddenly, Cedric was right beside her, helping her up. "Are you alright?" He asked. She nodded and said, "Yeah. Where's Harry?"

"Over here," Harry's voice called. She turned and saw him looking around. "I know this place," he said. Cassie averted her eyes to where his was looking. She gasped when she saw the house that was in her dream. "Oh my God," she breathed. "Harry...Harry, this is the house. Where are we, why are here?"

Harry just continued to look around shocked, while Cedric examined the cup. "The cup is a portkey," he said in amazement. Cassie quickly went up to Harry and grabbed his arm. "Harry, we need to get out of here," she urgently told him.

He nodded, then said, "Get back to the cup. Now." Before they could, though, a door opened to the house and Wormtail came out, while carrying Voldemort. Harry started screaming in pain from his scar. Cassie tried to help him, but there wan't anything she could do!

"Get back to the cup!" He told them, but they refused to leave him. Cedric then got up and pointed his wand at Wormtail. "Cedric, don't!" Cassie pleaded. Voldemort then shouted, "Kill the spare!"

Cassie screamed when Wormtail shouted, "Avada Kedavera!" and hit Cedric. "No!" She cried as she watched his body hit the ground. Wormtail, then lifted Harry up with a spell and the gravestone with, what looked like some sort of death angel, trapped him so he was hanging there.

Wormtail took Cassie's wand before she could even react and used a spell to shove her back against the gravestone Harry was dangling from. Wormtail then dropped Voldemort into a cauldron and started saying some sort of spell. 

Cassie was crying and too scared to pay attention, until Wormtail came up to her with a knife and cut her wrist. She screamed in pain, then did the same to Harry with another knife. He took the blood stained knives and dripped their blood from it into the cauldron. 

"The Dark Lord shall rise again," he said, as Harry's screams got louder and more pained from his scar. Suddenly, the cauldron caught fire and Cassie watched in horror as it shaped and morphed and eventually...turned into Voldemort. 

She backed further into the gravestone as his strong, tall form got used to everything around him. He then lifted his wand up to the sky and summoned the death eaters by putting the dark mark in the sky. They all appeared around Voldemort. 

He expressed his disappointment to every single one of them for not trying to find them. Cassie was shocked to see Lucious Malfoy there. Voldemort did express his gratitude towards Wormtail and gave him a new hand to the one he had just cut off into the cauldron. 

Voldemort didn't even seem to remember that Cassie and Harry were even there, until he went over to Cedric and touched his face with his foot while saying, "Such a handsome boy" and Harry shouted, "Don't touch him!"

Cassie closed her eyes and sighed. She was hoping he wouldn't remember they were there at all. "Harry Potter," he said, "I had almost forgotten you were here. And Cassie...my, my it's been so long since I've seen you, my dear."

She curled up to herself as some sort of shield that she knew would never work, as she asked, "Wha-what do you mean? How do you know me?" Voldemort and all the death eaters started laughing, getting her even more confused. 

"Shall I reveal all that happened that night, thirteen years ago?" He asked both her and Harry. "How I lost my powers? It was love." He looked to Harry and said, "When sweet Lily Potter gave her life for her only son, I couldn't touch him. And then by the time I had lost my powers...I couldn't get to her only daughter."