CHAPTER 5: Going Nowhere

Lauren's PoV

It's been two weeks since that awful meeting and as much as I tried to pretend that nothing would change between Camila and I, something has. Everything has changed since I told her to her face that I agree with the management's decision to separate us, I'm quite painfully aware of that now.

And I regret it, I really do. I'm the worst friend ever.

I miss her.

I've been trying to talk to her every chance I get but whenever I sit beside her, she suddenly has someplace else to go, or if I strike up a conversation with her she answers curtly and then a few minutes later, like clockwork, she either acts busy with her phone or pick up a random book lying around and tells me that she needed to finish reading it.

I even tried texting her.

Nothing.

We've been cooped up most of the time in this tour bus and yet I still haven't gotten the chance to spend time with my best friend. Or ex-bestfriend.

People have been noticing the change in Camila's behavior as she's now less lively on interviews or soundchecks, and the fans are speculating about the weird vibe between us. It sucks, really. Management controlling our personal lives, people assuming about us, the media sensationalizing shit like mad, and in the process, ruining the very foundation that has kept us girls sane since we first stepped into the limelight.

All we wanted to do is to make music. Be good artists, an inspiration to people, and enjoy the opportunity given to us. Why is it necessary to ruin friendships in exchange for all of that?

Those thoughts has been plaguing my mind the whole time Camila stopped talking to me. I've been in a real funk since then.

Today is our day off, and I just wasted it sleeping the whole day in my bunk and when I woke up I found all four of my girls in the back lounge. Ally was eating cookies while talking to her boyfriend, Troy, on the phone. Normani was eating a sandwich. My eyes fell on Camila who was cuddling with Dinah, both of them busy with their phones.

This was probably the best moment I could get to be in the same room with Camila without her being awkward or dashing out of the room after ten minutes.

"Hey, chickens." I said, my voice still extra raspy since I just woke up. I casually plopped myself on the couch where Normani was sitting and saw the girls acknowledge my presence, except Camila. Well, I was expecting that. I'm already used to it anyway.

I decided to just distract myself from pining over her so I shifted my attention to Normani who was just about to bite on her sandwich. "Mani bear, is that chicken sandwich?"

Normani raised her eyebrow and looked at me suspiciously as if she knew that I was gonna ask for a bite. She hesitantly answered, "Uhm, yes?"

"With extra onions?" I asked excitedly.

"Yes." She tried inching away from me, obviously hoping I didn't notice her shift in her seat.

"Gimme some!" I said in a playful voice as I moved closer to her.

"No! Don't you dare touch my food."

I pouted. "You know there's a thing that Jesus does... it's called sharing."

Dinah, who was sitting in front of us, laughed at what I said which also made Mani chuckle. Camila still acted like I didn't exist.

"So, would you like to share your food to your starving friend, Mani Bear?" I gave her my best puppy dog expression. I know she's a sucker for that shit. I'm cute like that.