Chapter 38: All Aboard?

Dinah's PoV

Today is a beautiful day, just like me. We're about to shoot our promo single, Write On Me, and I'm so excited because damn I look flawless and I already posted cute selfies and my crush liked all of them, and I look bomb in this dress!

But other than my overall hotness, I noticed something else today which has gotten my attention.

It happened a few hours back, in catering. Gotta eat some breakfast before glam because we don't wanna hear no growling stomachs or have some fainting spells during the shoot of our music video, so, me, Mani, and Ally were already eating because it takes us longer in glam than Lauren or Mila does, not because they're hotter, duh as if, but because Lauren is usually content with her messy hair so it takes less time to fix her hair than when they have to tame my glorious majestic mane, and Mila usually opts for lighter make-up. Both of them are usually low maintenance, so most of the time they can afford to be late. Unlike me, who is a queen, I need to look perfect, so I have to make sure everything is in place, because my presence is a blessing to people and they need to be inspired by my radiant beauty and aura.

Anyway, Mila's still over at the food area, trying to figure out how to use the juice machine. I think she's about to break it because I saw her shoving bananas inside and I wanted to tell her that you can't juice a banana, you have to blend it, but, girl, I was hungry as a lion! A goddess my size gotta eat in time or shit will go down, so I walked past her and sat my nice ass on my chair. Lauren's late, as usual, which makes me look good coz I used to be the queen of lateness and oversleeping. My girl Lauren takes the title now, crown and sash too, but today, she's even more late than the usual, which was quite noticeable.

Actually, Mila was late too, and her eyes looked so tired like she hasn't slept a wink. I may have scolded her awhile ago and threatened that if I ever found out she's taking drugs or shit like that imma whoop her giant booty so hard she'll have to fly all the way to Cuba to get it back. Of course I was just messing with her, Mila may like her alcohol every now and then but she'll never take drugs. Lauren, on the other hand... that girl is wild I won't be surprised if she comes in late, halfway through our soundchecks, mind still floating from that residual high coz my girl be smoking only the best weed in town, wearing the same clothes she wore from the night before.

Oh shit, I'm sorry, I'm rambling. Okay, so as I was saying, I saw something weird today. Weird, but hella good!

So, me and my girls are chatting happily, and then I saw Lauren rushing in, so I immediately waved at her and she pointed at the food, meaning she'll grab some chow first before going to our table, so I gave her a thumbs up. I was sitting beside Mani, and beside her was Ally. Mila was sitting across from me, with her back facing the entrance so when I waved at Lauren, she had to turn around to look at who I was "talking" to and she immediately snapped her head back and stared at her plate with a bit of a blush staining her cheeks. And I was like, hmmm. Coz my Chancho seemed to have forgotten she had food in her mouth, with veggie stalk sticking out, making her look like a petite walrus or something. I threw a piece of nugget on her face and that seemed to have woken her up and she began chewing her food again, looking nervous.

When I saw Lauren approaching us, she stopped and looked at the vacant chairs. There were two available seats: one was next to Camila, and another one at the far end of the table, next to Ally.

Mila glanced at Lauren before bowing her head again as if there was some hidden TV inside her bowl and she was watching her favorite tv show on it.

I saw Lauren bite on her lip, holding her food tray, as if contemplating on which seat to take, but of course we all know she was gonna sit next to Ally, even if it was the suckiest spot because people kept on bumping against it, and direct sunlight was hitting it like some annoying laser beam. Ally even started grabbing her bag which she placed on the empty chair, but girl, I swear to god we all simultaneously choked on our own spit and semi-chewed food when we saw Lauren shrug and sit beside Mila!