CHAPTER 21: Something Smells Fishy

A/N: Why is it that every time Camren are beside each other in a pic and wear matching outfits they look so papi and mami, and A/D/N look like their kids? 😂

----

Dinah's POV

Something's different between those two. I can feel it. I don't know what's really happening, but my spider-senses don't lie.

Sure, I'm glad to see them like how they used to interact, way before the fans got crazy, and they would stare into each other's eyes as if they could see the future in there, and momentarily forget that nobody but them exists. That makes me real happy, I'm the proud captain of the ship, after all. But after their repeated denial about camren and the weirdness that happened between the two of them months ago, I worked so hard to convince myself of the bitter reality that my OTP  won't ever be endgame, no matter how much I ship them. And somehow, it worked. I've stopped being delusional.

It makes me sad, blindly hoping for something that according to them won't ever ever happen. Their words, not mine.

But then the old Camren resurfaces, if not in public, at least right in front of my very beautiful eyes when they think no one's looking. But the Captain knows. Something's up, and I'm not being delusional this time.

Seeing them like this, sneaking glances and touches whenever they think no one's watching, I wanted to shout with glee and run around screaming "Camren is real, bishes!!". I'd be running around naked or set my Beyonce weave on fire, I don't care, as long as I get to announce that my ship has resurfaced from the depths of the ocean and started sailing again.

Ugh! The Camren feels make me trippy. So yeah, I'm conflicted. I don't wanna get my hopes up, but I sure wish that this something is really something.

I need help, though. I can't do all the detective work with only one pair of eyes.
-----

Normani's POV

Lauren's hiding something from me, I'm sure of it. Everytime I try to ask her what's up, she suddenly refuses to make eye contact and then changes the topic. One time, I simply asked her if she was alright because she looked flushed and I was concerned that she may be feeling too sick to do rehearsals, but then she started rambling about being hot, then saying she didn't mean that she was feeling hot as in like horny hot, and then her eyes widened and said she just meant she's just hot but not like looking hot, but hot like because of the weather and she emphasized that it's not for any other reason, then she started scratching the tip of her nose – which was a tell-tale sign that she was lying about something.

I know Lauren like the back of my hand. She's covering something up, but I don't know what, because to be honest, she lost me in her ramblings. All I know is that it has something to do with Mila. Because a few minutes later, Mila appears seemingly out of nowhere, also looking flushed. Like they both just did a marathon.

I have an inkling, but I don't want to assume things.

I need more time to figure this mystery out.

Meanwhile, I feel like I want some chicken wings to help me think better.
-----

Ally's POV

"Hey sunshines!" I announced as soon as I walked into the hotel room, finding Dinah and Normani talking animatedly on the couch. They stopped whatever conversation they were having and waved at me.

I went to the fridge to grab some ice cream then plopped myself on the bed making sure not to squish Moose-Moose. I looked at them because they were being odd. Like they were looking at me as if considering on letting me in on a secret but aren't sure if I could be trusted. Which I could, I totally could keep a secret!